Venom Energy Drink Cans For Windcover

Hi,

This is my first forum post and I've just recently become a hookah enthusiast. After receiving my first hookah I realized that I should have purchased a wind cover for it because most of my smoking will be outside. Wondering how much better my smoke would be with one, I improvised using a Venom energy drink can. These cans are very thick which is why i thought it would make a better wind cover than the monster ones i've seen on this forum. I dont mean that it would be functionally better, but since its so thick i believe it will last longer (wont get crushed by accident). During my session i found that because of the thickness of the metal, i was able to lift it off of the bowl without tongs.

What I did:

Buy Venom (mango flavor) - 2 for 4$
Drink one
Cut off bottom and top where the threads are to leave a ~1inch opening at top and ~3.5in at bottom
- for this step i used one of those knives that they sell on tv which they claim will cut anything, but if you have a hack saw it would probably work better
Poke holes in side of can and pry them open to allow some decent airflow (at this point i first set the can over my bowl to estimate the level where the coals would be sitting.
Rinse well with hot water to get rid of sugar as well as metal shavings.
Enjoy

I'll try to post a picture soon. If you have not tried these energy drinks they are worth the money and very strong. Mango is the best to me. This wind cover unfortunately will not fit over my new vortex bowl : (

[quote name='UltimateHookah' timestamp='1305929884' post='510131']
That's creative. I haven't seen or used one of those cans, but how durable would you say they are?
[/quote]

they are about 3mm thick aluminum. before i cut it (altering its physical structure, weakening the cylinder) it was really solid and you had to put some major pressure on it to even dent it.

• 1 month later...
I'm pretty sure those are insulated metal material. Like the beer cans in the shape of a bottle.

I assume they'd maintain a steady temp for a while, which might be awesome for getting more life out of the coals...

And they're super delicious. Edited by Epoch

[quote name='thehookahguru' timestamp='1311543904' post='517105']
Hmmm seems like it would work just fine. But I dont think it will fit my KM.
[/quote]

You could graft 2 cans together for the extra height...