Can you spread oral herpes via hookah?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if you can spread oral herpes by sharing a hookah hose. I was thinking about inviting my friend to the lounge nearby, but he sometimes has outbreaks, and I'm scared ****less to catch that.Thanks for any help~SK

Most lounges that I've been to give everyone their own moutpieces. And when it comes to something like herpes, why risk it? Sorry to say, but I really wouldn't want to use the same hose... but thats just me. If you're afraid of hurting his feelings, I think it's just best not telling him when you go to the lounge.

=/ That's unfortunate, but it's probably what I'll do. And the lounges you go to give each person in the group their own piece? Do you guys take yours off after each pull and let the next person put on their own? That sounds like a hassle, but if it's the only thing stopping you from getting oral herpes, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Yup, the waitress has a bunch of them in her apron, and she just hands every member of your party a tip. Switching them out each pass is annoying, but not really any work. But becareful you don't get distracted while talking and forget to take your tip off, and watch your group members for the same thing :)

there is no issue in pulling off your mouth piece and handing the hose to the next person so they in turn can use their own. I went with my buddy who was coming off of a cold and I told him, I dont want that shit, get your own damn mouth piece.Easy as that. :)Just ask your waiter or whatever they use if you can get an extra mouth piece. Your buddy should know that he could pass it to you and other friends, so if he doesnt take the iniative to get his own, then you should. Just casually say, everyone needs to have their own. It takes all the pressure off your buddy, cause then you think, you just dont want other people touching your piece.

Well, I bought a 2 hose hookah. 1 is mine which is marked, nobody touches it but me, unless I allow them. The other I let people share from, but I have a bag of tips that came free with my hookah when I bought it that I give out if someone wants it.If someone is sick, then yes I would give them one.At the hookah lounge I always use a tip, I know they clean the hoses, but I dont trust it. If I drop the tip on the ground, I ask for a new one.Stay sanitary and you will be good to go.

yes, i have a whole tin of tips my friends all use (on those absolute rare occasions when they actually smoke with me- usually it is just me, so i dont use them... better airflow without it). my friend is a germophobe, so if anyone so much as looks at the hose wrong, he gets grossed out.

Yes it would be possable. Just be honest with him. Tell him you would like to kick it but your worried about catching his mouth yuckies and ask if he would be offended if you had your own mouth tip.. It's just like wearing a condom with a girl you are geting with for the first time. If he/she is offended then it's not worth the risk.. I have seen some cool key chain mouth tips. They look to be brass and you can carry your own tip anywhere. Maybe get him one as a gift so he can at least feel cool to use a different tip..

TechNote:Are you talking oral herpes like cold sores (herpes simplex) or genetal herpes which was passed via oral contact to the genetals? There are 8 different herpes virus mutations that humans are capable of contracting.If you have ever had a cold sore, you have herpes simplex, commonly known as oral herpes. Oral herpes can be heredetary, however, this does not mean that it is not harmful.Prevention tips: Change your mouth pieces out. Unless you start making out with your friend, chances are pretty good that you won't get it anyway, because it is easier to transmit skin to skin rather than skin to object, object to skin. It is however still possible. So swap out that mouthpiece.

Well. I in fact have hereditary mouth herpes (got them from my grandfathers side. Thanks grandpa.)First of all, HELLS YES, you can definatly get them. Mine in particular are only contagious when I'm having a major outbreak, which is only once a year when the allergy season starts. (Imagine taking a sip of water, then vomiting from the sheer pain.) You can catch them from the occasional mouth soure ones, but I've been told by several doctors that the chances are pretty slim unless the other person realyl tries. I don't pretend to understand it. I hope that helps.

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to add that you probably shouldn't share a hose, even with mouthtips. I don't understand how your friend can smoke with his either, because when I'm outbroken, breathing normal air makes me want to die. Ah well.

[quote name='skimo']which does in fact suck balls lol, i hate getting cold sores and wish i would never get em in my life[/quote] You can [url="http://www.globalherbalsupplies.com/herpes/herpes_diet_information.htm"]tweak your diet[/url]. Take lysine supplements. Go to your doctor and ask about suppressive therapy or a perscription to shorten the infection time.

Yeah, oral herpes is the same logic as bronchitis...one is a cold sore, the other a chest cold...fancy medical terms used to scare people.No, it is hard to transmit herpes by hookah. It is not impossible. Its much easier to transmit herpes to your girlfriend's genitals. The genital herpes rate in the US is 25%. The best would probably be using a metal tipped hose and putting it on a charcoal to get it hot and sterilized. Let it cool before putting it on your lip!