Custom Hookah Bowls?

I am currently working out a design for a custom hookah bowl. heres the problem... Where do i go to get the damn thing made. Its somewhat complex in the design so its not like i can go to the local pottery spinning class and get them to just make it.

I was thinking of getting it made out of metal, but im not sure what most people think about metal bowls. so most likely it will be some sort of ceramics.

Help ME!

I promise that if i get this thing manufactured you guys will love it.

[quote name='xzxer' timestamp='1305246882' post='509277']
id rather not upload the design, i wouldn't want someone stealing the idea.
[/quote]

Well then how are we going to help you? We don't know what you are talking about.

Hit up Santino at CrownHookahs.com if you want him to make you a truly custom glass bowl.

But it sounds like perhaps you're looking to produce and sell these? If that's the case, you're going to need to work out the details yourself for you to make any real profit.

You would need to find either a glass blower or someone who is really good with clay. Either way you need to find a good artist to produce it, and make friends if you want to make it for mass distribution.

[quote name='xzxer' timestamp='1305220253' post='509189']
I am currently working out a design for a custom hookah bowl. heres the problem... Where do i go to get the damn thing made. Its somewhat complex in the design so its not like i can go to the local pottery spinning class and get them to just make it.

I was thinking of getting it made out of metal, but im not sure what most people think about metal bowls. so most likely it will be some sort of ceramics.

Help ME!

I promise that if i get this thing manufactured you guys will love it.
[/quote]

Are you saying that you have the ideas of design but no craft skill to actually produce them?

dont jump on his back just because he doesnt have the resource to bring his idea to fruition. Not everyone has the tools to bring an idea to life but it doesnt deminsh the idea.

my advice is get a patten on the idea if you feel strongly about it and then go from there.

You could try going to a local pottery class and ask the instructor to mock up a sample of your bowl or maybe something close to it for testing purposes. And if the instructor isn't skilled enough he/she might be able to refer you to someone who can make this idea come to life for you. It doesn't hurt to ask around and you have to start somewhere.

[quote name='Dereksd' timestamp='1305274511' post='509333']
i mean eric uses someone to make the phunnels so not everyone can do everything by themselves
[/quote]

Right- Eric had to come up with the design and tell his pottery guy the correct dimensions that he wanted for his bowls. Xzxer here is going to have to do the same thing, or something similar, since it's not his area of expertise. Nothing wrong with having the idea but someone else helping you bring it to life.

here is what i am thinking. and i know its going to be difficult. Its going to be like a vortex bowl but the bottom has a piece of metal embedded that is threaded for the hookah. and it has a spiral pattern on the inside of the bowls stem so that the smoke is spun around like a vortex. The sides around the stem are going to have silicone on it, to help with handling a hot bowl. and silicone around the base of the bowl to help create an airtight seal with the hookah. The top of the bowl is much taller than a usual vortex. about an inch taller, however the center peice stays at the same height as a vortex. And the top of the bowl is also threaded so a custom made Wind screen can be screwed on top.

Who's Up for the challenge?

So this is what I understand from your description, a little diagram and an example of the scalloped tubing which would create the ridges. Lets see how close I am to what your thinking.

it is interesting. the part that "screws in directly to hookah" might not be useful, since most hookahs dont have anything to actually screw into. from what i see the main difference is that it has a screen that can replace foil and higher walls. the only concern i have is the higher walls might make the bowl run a little hotter than normal, which could cause possible problems. i dunno that the ridges on the inside will really do what you think it will do, but who knows?

My goal for the higher walls is so that it will run a little hotter, but that's why i left that gap between the shisha and the screen. plus it prevents the shisha from getting burned from direct contact with the coal. The purpose of the spirals inside the hookah is so that it will cause the smoke to have more movement before it hits the water, and my idea is that it will make the smoke thicker and cooler. The threads simply came from the idea that im sick of loosing my rubber grommets and that would eliminate the need for that. Plus i added the holes on the side of the bowl so that more smoke can be pulled in each hit.

Im no bowl expert, this is just my over engineered idea of a hookah bowl. Its a result of a collection of ideas / issues i have with hookahs. All of the possible solutions combined into one bowl.

Unless your making the bowl out of metal the screw on idea is not good...There are a handful of hookahs with screw on bases, and they get terrible reviews because the base does not seal correctly. it might be to complex to make out of glass, but you could do ground glass for the fitting from bowl to stem...also you might want to look at other glass...wares...there are some out there that create the spiral of smoke your looking for, without being an actual spiral.

this bowl looks like it would be really really hard to clean...