Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

Osama Bin Laden is dead, US claims to have his body.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

President Obama is about to speak.

And Barack Obama just won the 2012 election. Love him, hate him, or just wish he'd do some things better, the value of this will boost him politically all the way through the election. It removes one of those pessimistic swords that almost everyone has felt hanging over our heads since 9/11. It's an enormous blow to terrorism overall because it shows that we don't give up. It may take us a decade to find your ass but attack us and we will never stop until you're as dead as our citizens. I don't think it's a good thing to celebrate the death of anyone, even our worst most dangerous enemy, but I don't think anyone can remotely deny we don't all feel safer that he's gone.

I will say this though to our military, especially those Special Forces who accomplished this.... Good job guys. Very, very good job!

'Rani

Yeah, it's awesome and everything, but what will it really change? I see this giving the American people a sense of accomplishment, but in reality some goon is just going to take his place. Also, he had a plan for in case he died. I'm sure that plan will now be carried out. I see this as the beginning of horrible things to come. I hope to god I'm wrong...

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

I think it's premature to say Obama has just won 2012. This will boost his approval rate temporarily, but I think the state of the economy will be more crucial for the next election. But I must say god bless the special forces that did this, and a nod to pakistan for their part in this.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1304308499' post='507795']
I think it's premature to say Obama has just won 2012. This will boost his approval rate temporarily, but I think the state of the economy will be more crucial for the next election. But I must say god bless the special forces that did this, and a nod to pakistan for their part in this.
[/quote]

Hear me now, believe me later. The economy is already on the upswing. Construction is booming in California. Everybody is hiring in the industry. So this plus the continued upswing? He just won. Again.

'Rani

People seem to forget that it was George W. Bush that spearheaded this movement. Was he in office when Osama was taken down? No. But he put in motion the necessary measurements that lead to this moment. Don't be foolish and think for a second that we would have Osama right now if it wasn't for the effort Bush put in -- like him or hate him, he still did amazing things for this country.

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1304313290' post='507805']
People seem to forget that it was George W. Bush that spearheaded this movement. Was he in office when Osama was taken down? No. But he put in motion the necessary measurements that lead to this moment. Don't be foolish and think for a second that we would have Osama right now if it wasn't for the effort Bush put in -- like him or hate him, he still did amazing things for this country.
[/quote]

How old are you again? I remember what my life and the economy that fueled it were like when GW stepped into office. And what it was like when he slunk out. We were already circling the drain spiritually, no doubt, but we were financially stable and solvent, when he hit the flush button as hard as he could. And even he admits it! If you've ever watched even one of his interviews, you hear him say he made many many mistakes that he believes contributed to the melt-down. He didn't believe it was possible and he never doubted his decisions when he was making them so he never had the chance to turn around. Anybody actually earning a living when he took office can tell you personally how badly he fucked us. But you go ahead and believe that..... I'll be overhere with people earning a decent living back in Clinton's day rolling on the ground laughing at that statement.

'Rani
  • Upvote 1

I wanna know why so many people are freaking out saying Obama took credit for this. When did he take credit for it? It's blowing up my gorram Facebook feed. Yeah, it was soldiers who went in and killed bin Laden. Why are people saying Obama's acting like he killed him himself? Obama had good intelligence and made the order. That's all. I watched Obama's address and not once did I hear him "brag about it."

This is some highly unintelligent shit.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1304314895' post='507810']
[/quote]

How old are you again? I remember what my life and the economy that fueled it were like when GW stepped into office. And what it was like when he slunk out. We were already circling the drain spiritually, no doubt, but we were financially stable and solvent, when he hit the flush button as hard as he could. And even he admits it! If you've ever watched even one of his interviews, you hear him say he made many many mistakes that he believes contributed to the melt-down. He didn't believe it was possible and he never doubted his decisions when he was making them so he never had the chance to turn around. Anybody actually earning a living when he took office can tell you personally how badly he fucked us. But you go ahead and believe that..... I'll be overhere with people earning a decent living back in Clinton's day rolling on the ground laughing at that statement.

'Rani
[/quote]

Amen.

[/quote]

'Rani
[/quote]

Quoted for truth!

[/quote]

'Rani
[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^READ THIS! i agree 100% man!

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1304315955' post='507813']
I wanna know why so many people are freaking out saying Obama took credit for this. When did he take credit for it? It's blowing up my gorram Facebook feed. Yeah, it was soldiers who went in and killed bin Laden. Why are people saying Obama's acting like he killed him himself? Obama had good intelligence and made the order. That's all. I watched Obama's address and not once did I hear him "brag about it."

This is some highly unintelligent shit.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

im also with you on this chris (haters gonna hate) < this quote is always true

Barak Obama doesn't deserve much praise other than that he let the military do their jobs. The real heroes are the ones who personally stalked Bin Ladin and pulled the trigger. They put their lives on the line and probably won't ever get the personal attention they deserve for killing one of the most evil men of our time. Edited by noodle

I applaud the troops and special forces for their hard work, I give my respect to President Obama for finishing out a crucial and grueling operation against our opposing forces. Let us take a sigh of relief on the fact that terrible man is gone. However...

I don't think we need to be worrying about how awesome we did, I think we need to remember we are in a chess match, and turning our heads to celebrate is going to get us nowhere. As Obama said (and Chris, lol) Theis is ONE crucial move in many yet to come. Back to work, and focusing on the ultimate goal.

Who took credit for Bin Laden's kill is not going to make him any more deceased than he is, or the path ahead of us any easier.

Then again, what the hell do I know. I'm a 18 year old music major. This is just what I see from the situation.

[quote name='HookaH Hodge' timestamp='1304308583' post='507797']
You guys do realize the shit is prolly about to hit the fan, right?
[/quote]

The people partying outside of the white house were pretty ridiculous. Unfortunately, this probably doesn't really change as much many people would like to think. I don't mean to take anything away from the significance of the accomplishment, but this could very well be like kicking a bee hive.

Wow! Woke to this news this morning. Its mind boggling. UBL is dead. Rani says Obama just won the 2012 election. Quite possible,but I see that his detractors are already at work to disconnect him and to nullify the credit that he justly deserves. Yes, the American military,Navy Seals pulled off the op with brilliance,but one must remember the Obama is commander in chief. So all you folks that want to deny Obama any credit, think what you would be saying if the op failed and Americans were killed. Oh boy,Obama would surely get credit for that. Like it or not folks,Mr.Obama is the President of United States and Commander in Chief. All of you that work so hard to destroy him(the usual subjects,Beck,Limbaugh,Palin,Trump, etc) are actually hurting the nation. As I have always said,its mostly about race. Too many White Americans can't deal with a Black in the White House. But,at least this much needed job was done,thanks to our valiant men in uniform,who do the job regardless of the skin color of the man in DC.Oh, the fear mongers are at work,impending nuclear holocaust,courtesy of al Qaeda. Let us remember the 3,000 or so who gave their lives at WTC,or the troops that died while bravely trying to root out Osama in the Hindu Kush. But he was hiding in plain site in the middle of down town Pakistan, amazing. ISI has got some explaining to do. Abbotobad is the site of Pakistan's military academy and not far from the capital,Islamabad. It would be like Osama was hiding in Annapolis. Pause and say a prayer for those people whose lives were irrevocably shattered by the actions of Bin Laden and his gang.

Its apparent that all the GW haters either never took a general college level economics course, or are just too eager to hop on anything bashing W. Our economy has been going down the shitter for 50 years.

Shoulda changed the s to a b and gone after a real terrorist -_-

in fact, i am removing my previous statement because i dont want to be involved in a meaningless debate that can only end in angry people, very few intellectual comments, and just drama in general.

enjoy your face bashing yall!

[/quote]

well, if thats the way it works then Obama isnt responsible for the economy left for him by Bush, or the bail outs started by bush, or Social Security problems, or health care problems, or well..a lot of stuff that Obama seems to get the blame for. I'm willing to go along wiht this Tyler as long as you go along with the rest. :)