How To Make Smoke Thicker.

#1 thing in my head, don't listen to the rumors of putting milk in the vase...it can ruin your hookah/hoses

but on that topic, I've heard that a lil bit of coconut milk does it, I haven't tried this just what I've heard over the years.

ummm are you not getting "clouds"? if so its in how you pack the bowl and heat it and that depends on the tobacco and coals you are using as well as the bowl you are using...what is your hookah setup?

More heat, less water, hose and light packing job in the bowl. On my Km's using a HJ Mini, I use three coals, water to the top of the bubble on the stem, and a nammor hose. Thunder clouds.

less thick foil , or 1 layer instead of 2 (if u use 2) . always makes more clouds but burns the tobbacco much faster :)

i personally rather have less clouds and more quality smoking time ... [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif[/img]

Milk doesn't help. It is more a liability than an asset.

Depending on the tobacco, certain tobaccos make bigger clouds packed tightly, and others packed loosely/fluffy. With the exception of Noir Tangiers, almost every tobacco just needs more heat to produce bigger clouds.

Also, something else to think about. If you smoke tangiers, starbuzz, or al fakher one day, which have clouds that can grow pretty large in size withotu much work, and Nakhla the next... Nakhal can put out some good clouds, but certainly not like a couple of the brands mentioned. Some tobaccos weren't meant to have thunder clouds. So don't scorch a bowl trying to achieve the exact same cloud quality with every tobacco.

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1303855517' post='506924']

Depending on the tobacco, certain tobaccos make bigger clouds packed tightly, and others packed loosely/fluffy. With the exception of Noir Tangiers, almost every tobacco just needs more heat to produce bigger clouds.

Also, something else to think about. If you smoke tangiers, starbuzz, or al fakher one day, which have clouds that can grow pretty large in size withotu much work, and Nakhla the next... Nakhal can put out some good clouds, but certainly not like a couple of the brands mentioned. Some tobaccos weren't meant to have thunder clouds. So don't scorch a bowl trying to achieve the exact same cloud quality with every tobacco.
[/quote]
ive gotten some thick clouds from nak orange.That and nak can take heat like no other shihsa ive smoked before

I usually use Reynolds HD foil (one layer) . Assuming your coals have already been heated up all the way, let them sit on the foil with a windcover for a couple of minutes. Come back to it and inhale. You'll get serious clouds when you let the bowl cook for a little while.

[quote name='608Hookah' timestamp='1303850125' post='506907']
I was wondering if there are any tricks on how to make your hookah smoke really thick?
[/quote]

ya i was using two layers of foil with the vortex bowl. i would pack the bottom of that tight and then lightly pack the rest of it around the middle part with holes. then put two to three coals on that. For hoses i made my own, i took my old hoses that came with it after they got rusty inside and cut the ends off and attached some vinyl hosing to the ends 10 ft each instead and those have been working great im not getting shot on at all not and they work for when you have a lot of people over so that people wont be pulling on the hookah.

And has anyone tried the electric coals, do they work good or should i just stick with the old fashion coals?

personally working at a hookah bar, and filling/starting 100's of hookahs a night ive learned what works best.
it depends MOSTLY on how you pack your bowl. At our hookah bar we have the MYA QT hookahs with mya bowls.

-Tobacco should be "fluffy" to just below the rim.
(most shisha comes pretty packed when you first buy it. Get your hands dirty and mix it up to where its not all sticking together.)

-the next most important thing is water level.
let your stem go at least a 1/2 in below the water. too much is bad too little is harsh, so play around with your water level and see what works best for your hookah.

-Foil.
we generally use reynolds wrap. keep shiny side down and be sure you wrap it tight.
DONT let it sink and sit down directly on your shisha or it WILL burn giving you a cruddy smoke session and terrible flavor
use a toothpick to poke tiny holes. my strategy is to pinch the end of the toothpick and jump around with it.

Packing a bowl correctly and setting up your hookah to these specs should give you your best results.

Personally i wouldnt use milk unless you clean your hoses every session. Milk stinks when it drys and nobody wants to breath that.
Good luck hope this helps yall out.

[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1303865912' post='506940']

[/quote]
ive gotten some thick clouds from nak orange.That and nak can take heat like no other shihsa ive smoked before
[/quote]

No, I completely agree. On the cloudage and on the heat tolerance. I was trying to give an example of a shisha that wouldn't have a cloud comparison to say, Tangiers.

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1303971580' post='507142']

[/quote]
[/quote]

No, I completely agree. On the cloudage and on the heat tolerance. I was trying to give an example of a shisha that wouldn't have a cloud comparison to say, Tangiers.
[/quote]
yeah tang has thunder clouds like no other

[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1303974620' post='507144']
[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1303971580' post='507142']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
yeah tang has thunder clouds like no other
[/quote]

Indeed. running low... order need to be made soon... Anyways.

Thick fluffy clouds is a very nice little balancing act. On one end you need to get the bowl as hot as possible without over heating and actually burning the tobacco, and then at the same time the cooler the stem and water are the more of the vapor that is produced is condensed into thick clouds, BUT the cooler the stem and water the less flavor. Not to mention there are a very large amount of other variables that go into it. I know sounds all doomy and gloomy right? To be honest, go with the suggestions you see here. Everyone has there own way of going about things, and you need to settle into yours as well. But the suggestions here are good starting points.

I personally use ice in my base; many a smoker are against that for various reasons, but In my own personal experience, a cold base, along with the right heat management gives me what I am after. But that is me, my setup, how I smoke, and how I manage my coals. Your mileage may vary.