Sultana Restaurant & Cafe

lunare

[color=#1C2837][size=2][b]Name[/b]: Sultana Restaurant & Cafe
[b]Location[/b]: Edison, NJ[b]
[/b]
Located along Route 27 in Edison, this hookah lounge can be hard to spot if you've not seen it before. Coming here is always fun, although me and my friends tend to prefer Mist in North Brunswick. The hookahs are good; they also offer plain unflavored tobacco, which I've not seen in many other lounges in the area.

The service is decent; fresh coals take a while to come around, and the ambience is more of an Arabic style. However, the music they play offers a jarring contrast to the ambience, which might be a reason to avoid it if you prefer more relaxed music. [/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]They also serve food (their shawarmas are delicious); and they do not have a minimum requirement to buy drinks or food. They also do not charge for BYOB, or heck, even ID. This means that the place tends to be filled with high schoolers at times. Again, another reason you may want to avoid the place.

[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]The prices used to be reasonable, at about $5 a bowl, but the last time I went there, the prices had gone up to $9 a bowl.[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]I believe they also sell shisha, but I am not 100% sure.

It's one of the older hookah bars in the area, and gets most of its customers from nearby high schools/community colleges, and the fact that it doesn't ID. Worth a visit if you're in the area, but I'd recommend Mist over this as they're not too far apart.[/size][/color]