A Few Of My Favorite Hookahs.

littlec

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1303777408' post='506827']
[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1302672786' post='505239']
That is a beautiful collection of brass sir! As much as I prefer Syrians, I dig the Temsaah a lot too
[/quote]

man that temsaah is a beast i didn't realize how tall they were
[/quote]

Not all of them are quite that tall, that was the horus XL model which was about 4 inches taller than most.

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][quote name='peaceman27' timestamp='1312933015' post='519395']
What kind of hookah is that top one in your most recent post? Is that a nawras?
[/quote]

[/size][/font][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Yes that is a vintage al nawras it was made about 12 years ago and was close to the first ones to be imported if I recall my Nawras history timeline correctly. [/size][/font]

• 2 months later...
Two new beauties to add to my Syrian brass collection, newer style pipes made by the Al Nawras Co and they have the smaller hose ports (I use fancy hoses with them so no biggie)

I've got two new old style nawras I'll be posting shortly

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4016611/RHF/Hookahs/Brass/MrMetal.jpg[/img]

Nice! I really hate how they use the tiny hose ports and purges now...

You wouldn't happen to know where to find the nice Nawras brass trays with the etchings on them, would you? That's the only part I don't like about my Nawras- the tray is too plain! :lol:

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320795085' post='530826']

You wouldn't happen to know where to find the nice Nawras brass trays with the etchings on them, would you? That's the only part I don't like about my Nawras- the tray is too plain! :lol:
[/quote]

I have some :P lol but sadly I'm not letting go of them and well they wouldn't work anyways on a screw top syrian. What you can do, and I highly recommend it as I'm looking to do it myself is buy a brass serving tray (you can find them all over the web and some are pretty swanky) and drill a hole through the center to fit over the threading on the top of your hookah. Boom nice big ass tray for your hookah and it's one of a kind, they have all sizes out there so you can pretty much go as big or as small as you want.

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1320802728' post='530843']

[/quote]

I have some :P lol but sadly I'm not letting go of them and well they wouldn't work anyways on a screw top syrian. What you can do, and I highly recommend it as I'm looking to do it myself is buy a brass serving tray (you can find them all over the web and some are pretty swanky) and drill a hole through the center to fit over the threading on the top of your hookah. Boom nice big ass tray for your hookah and it's one of a kind, they have all sizes out there so you can pretty much go as big or as small as you want.
[/quote]

Cool, good looking out. Yeah, I would need the screw-on kind for sure. Any links to the serving trays?

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320805404' post='530848']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cool, good looking out. Yeah, I would need the screw-on kind for sure. Any links to the serving trays?
[/quote][url="http://bit.ly/sF1Qrt"]http://bit.ly/sF1Qrt[/url]

[quote name='joelhookah' timestamp='1320806402' post='530851']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320805404' post='530848']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][url="http://bit.ly/sF1Qrt"]http://bit.ly/sF1Qrt[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks. :mellow:

I actually figured Christian knew a good site to get them from, considering he was already able to give me so much info.

[quote name='joelhookah' timestamp='1320813332' post='530870']
You ungrateful bastard!
[/quote]

Although I know you're probably kidding, I made a point to not call you a smartass, so let's not call people names, k? :)

This one looks cool: [url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/International-Solid-Brass-Serving-Tray-/270848027103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0fcce9df"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/International-Solid-Brass-Serving-Tray-/270848027103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0fcce9df[/url]

[quote name='atalanta' timestamp='1320854044' post='530922']
This one looks cool: [url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/International-Solid-Brass-Serving-Tray-/270848027103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0fcce9df"]http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f0fcce9df[/url]
[/quote]

It's nice, yes, but I think 15" tray would look a little ridiculous on my Nawras, haha.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320814393' post='530871']
You ungrateful bastard!
[/quote]

Although I know you're probably kidding, I made a point to not call you a smartass, so let's not call people names, k? :)
[/quote]

Yeah no joke, to think people still find lmgtfy to be funny, anyways I was just going to say google it myself as I don't have a specific supplier or source in mind yet. There are some 6-8 inch trays out there last time I was looking around I just don't have the drill bit I want to cut the tray with yet so I haven't bothered. This project has been benched for a while and hasn't come to mind until you asked me that. Edited by littlec

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1320861055' post='530938']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320814393' post='530871']
You ungrateful bastard!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah no joke, to think people still find lmgtfy to be funny, anyways I was just going to say google it myself as I don't have a specific supplier or source in mind yet. There are some 6-8 inch trays out there last time I was looking around I just don't have the drill bit I want to cut the tray with yet so I haven't bothered. This project has been benched for a while and hasn't come to mind until you asked me that.
[/quote]

Cool, thanks. I'll do a search sometime and see what I can find. Luckily, I think I may have the perfect drill bit for this! I'll let you know what I find.

We were going through some of BF's stuff that we cleaned out of his parent's condo and found a really cool brass tray. Much too big for Hookah, but I want to scarf it for dancing - balance it with candles (well, LED candles, I can just see me setting myself and the stage on fire)

[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1320910071' post='531047']
That black base on the left...

I want it. Bad. How does a guy find one of those??
[/quote]

Came on a limited batch of Nawras that were for sell, in fact the vendor that had them didn't even put it on his site, word of mouth only. I've never seen one like it since. They are of course long gone this was a year ago.

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1320912416' post='531052']
[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1320910071' post='531047']
That black base on the left...

I want it. Bad. How does a guy find one of those??
[/quote]

Came on a limited batch of Nawras that were for sell, in fact the vendor that had them didn't even put it on his site, word of mouth only. I've never seen one like it since. They are of course long gone this was a year ago.
[/quote]

Oh well! Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 months later...
Been a while since I've last posted and goddamn I've changed up the collection a TON, here's just some quick point and click crap picture to be a placeholder until I can take a better shot, and some more individual pictures.

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4016611/RHF/Hookahs/Brass/IMG_1225.JPG[/img]

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4016611/RHF/Hookahs/Brass/IMG_1232.JPG[/img]

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1329848226' post='539814']
[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1329847439' post='539811']
The Syrians have been reproducing...
[/quote]

exponentially
[/quote]

They were too sexy to resist each other. Now look at all their pretty Syrian babies...