Candy Apple Soda

Was traveling through Tennessee at the time when I createdthis recipe. Stayed for a week in Springfield and just had a lot of time on myhands. This recipe is best for parties more than anything because of thenovelty of using fruit and soda.

What you need:

-Your Hookah, obviously.

-An apple, preferably green

-HookaH-HookaH brand Butterscotch Shisha (Using this becauseit's the best for blending)

-Green Apple Jones Soda

[font="Calibri"]1. 1. [/font]You need to turn your green apple into a hookahhead. If you don't know how, here's a helpful video: [url="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Bz4mRQe83Y&hl"]http://www.youtube.c.../4Bz4mRQe83Y[/url]

I substitute a potato peeler to cut thehole through the core.

[font="Calibri"]2. 2. [/font]Fill your vase appropriately with the JonesSoda. The carbonation comes through the hose which gives us the 'soda' feel tothis recipe. Great novelty!

[font="Calibri"]3. 3. [/font]Placing your finger in the hole of the apple,lay the shisha in side of it and try not to pack it too tight. The hole is bigenough to where the shisha will fall through if you pull too hard on the hose.

[font="Calibri"]4. 4. [/font]Set up your hookah accordingly, using toothpicksto keep the foil from sliding off the apple.

[font="Calibri"]5. [/font]I like to keep the coal to one side of the headand move it around to make the shisha last. It's not ceramic so the heat won'tdistribute regularly.To give a better presentation for a partyor whathaveyou, keep the top of the apple on with the shisha inside and put thefoil on right before you smoke. I find that this keeps the wide eyes on thehookah and is a really awesome way to be visually stimulating.

Enjoy!

PS, if you try this out, let me know what you think.

Hookah Hookah? Im not trying to bash you or anything at all but no one on this forum would try anything involving hookah hookah. I think pretty much everyone hates it

Sorry for the double post it wouldn't let me edit. After reading it, I sort of came off as an ass. Not my intentions at all. But it does sound good maybe ill try it with AF Eskenderani Apple instead of the Hookah Hookah.

I know a lot of us (well most of us) don't like Hookah-Hookah, but there's some people that do, and they're allowed to like what they like without getting bashed on here for it, so let's try to keep the negative comments about the brand to a minimum or at least keep it in a respectful way. Hodge here is a friend of my sister's and she referred him to me when she found out he was into hookah. We talked a bit and I invited him here. I don't know him very well, but he seems like a cool guy so far. I think we just maybe need to get him to try some more brands of stuff, as not being on any hookah forums and being restricted to lounges in Memphis, you're not going to really know what all's out there. I'm probably going to send some samples of stuff to you, Hodge, so you can try it out. It's amazing how you'll think HH is good stuff until you try Tangiers, Nakhla, or Al Fakher. That's what has happened with majority of us here. But if you like HH then you just keep on smoking, brotha!

Well, I started on Nakhla and Al Fakher. Problem was I noticed I got a lot of headaches when I smoked those. I find HH not only pleasant for my head, but also extremely convenient what with the shots.

Really? That's odd. AF and Nak never gave me headaches. As for the shots, I found that they would often not have enough tobacco in the little tubs to be able to properly fill the bowl. Duration was also an issue for me. And I find other brands have a lot more flavor.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I'm going to try this recipe eventually. y'know... sometimes ingredients of recipes taste terrible on their own but when you mix them in the finished product is excellent. Like raw cauliflower is gross but if you cook it and throw it in with spices and potatoes to make a curry its excellent. na mean? Maybe the HH butterscotch picks up something with the apple and the soda and it makes a magical combination.

Hey man be4 i got onto forums, i feel where your coming from, Starbuzz was about the only thing available locally and thought it was the greatest baccy ever,. now im a tangiers fanatic and keep adding to my collection of shisha... we all start somewhere.

Hello folks,

New to the forum but loving it here. I just tried this "recipe" with an organic granny smith, HH butterscotch and jones green apple. I have to say the film that was left in the stem was hardened like elmers school glue. Tasty though it may be, the 2 hour cleanup made for a lack luster experience.

• 1 month later...
This sounds fun.... may be i shud give it a try sometime... :D
[quote name='Hookah Nate' timestamp='1303244387' post='506101']
Hello folks,

New to the forum but loving it here. I just tried this "recipe" with an organic granny smith, HH butterscotch and jones green apple. I have to say the film that was left in the stem was hardened like elmers school glue. Tasty though it may be, the 2 hour cleanup made for a lack luster experience.
[/quote]

• 5 months later...
As an FYI I have two things:

1. Winn Dixie makes a green apple soda (only available in 12 pack cans) that would be way cheaper than Jones and also goes great with Smirnoff Green Apple Vodka.

2. Me and my people who have been smoking for a little bit and have tried a good bit of shisha, and paired with a vortex bowl we like quite a few HH/HF flavors.

And I am aware that this is an older thread, but is a cool idea and I think I will try it in the near future.