The Charizard

Starwind

The charizard is right across the street from Eastland Mall in Evansville. The outside doesn't look like anything special. Then inside has been renovated here recently. It's blacklit and has nice light and sound system. Some nights they have a DJ come in. Weeknights I really enjoy going in with some friends. The weekends there tends to be more people and louder more club like music. Standard rate is $15 for a hookah for up to 3 people and $5 more for each additional person. Waitresses usually can give you a good idea on the different hookah flavors and products and keep the coals coming at good pace. We usually go through 3 to 5 coals on a visit. The only two bad things I have to say are usually it takes a while get your hookah and there is a slight draft inside. Not enough to notice until you start trying to blow smoke rings. If you're good at it you'll still be able to get them out but not a good place to train a beginner. They will give you soap for smoke bubbles though.

• 1 month later...
this place sounds sweet. is there an age limit like there is in most places? all the hookah bars i've tried to get into before said 18 and older, i'm 17.

[quote name='Starwind' timestamp='1301701937' post='503847']
The charizard is right across the street from Eastland Mall in Evansville. The outside doesn't look like anything special. Then inside has been renovated here recently. It's blacklit and has nice light and sound system. Some nights they have a DJ come in. Weeknights I really enjoy going in with some friends. The weekends there tends to be more people and louder more club like music. Standard rate is $15 for a hookah for up to 3 people and $5 more for each additional person. Waitresses usually can give you a good idea on the different hookah flavors and products and keep the coals coming at good pace. We usually go through 3 to 5 coals on a visit. The only two bad things I have to say are usually it takes a while get your hookah and there is a slight draft inside. Not enough to notice until you start trying to blow smoke rings. If you're good at it you'll still be able to get them out but not a good place to train a beginner. They will give you soap for smoke bubbles though.
[/quote]

[quote name='3-hose-prince' timestamp='1304617995' post='508424']
this place sounds sweet. is there an age limit like there is in most places? all the hookah bars i've tried to get into before said 18 and older, i'm 17.

[/quote]
[/quote]

BAZINGA!!!!!!!

[quote name='3-hose-prince' timestamp='1304617995' post='508424']

[/quote]
[/quote]

It's 18+ I don't think they're really strict on carding though. I haven't been carded in quite some time, but they may just start to recognize some people. I got carded the first few times I went, but I don't go enough to be considered a regular.

• 5 months later...
I've never been carded, When I first started going I went with a few guys from the paintball field when I was 17 and they just asked if I was 18 and like any minor trying to pass as an adult I said yes and they let me in haha