How Did You Get Your Username?

Soup

Back in college I used to study Kung Fu, wing chun to be exact. I also played competitive paintball, and my nickname was kungfufighter. My name is mike, and kungfufighter eventually got shortened to mikefu. True story.

Long boring story. Basically in a nutshell I like fountainpens and ink. On the web things are written without ink.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My older brother couldn't say "Nicole" when I was born, he could only manage Cole. So, I grew up with that name as my family name. It worked out perfectly, though, because I'm definitely NOT a "Nikki."

The Beastie Boys song "She's Crafty"
It's a long running joke from when I was in middle school. Pretty terrible, but it's always been around.
My friends used to say to me
"That girl is crafty, like ice is cold."

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tif1C6dwH6o"]My link[/url]

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
For me.. I created KcK based off of JeZ. My name is Jarrett, and an English mate of mine always called me Jez. I guess in the same light of saying "sez" or other shit.. Anyways, Jez was too close to jizz, but I wanted something that was 3 letters, and was capitalized in the front and back. I went for a palindromic effect, and came up with KcK. Later I dropped the first capital to make it "kcK" -- Looked snazzy as fuck.

Oh, and since I mentioned my first name.. My parents were originally going to call me Travis, after Travis Airforce Base which was a few miles from where we lived, but one of our neighbors had a kid during my womb-stint, so they got pissed and came up with as original of a name they could muster, whereas most kids are.. Jared or Garrett or shit like that. Yep. Edited by INCUBUSRATM
As requested.

Can someone please edit my post so that it starts with me saying "For me" so that way I don't look like a fucking idiot coming into this thread talking like that.. So yeah, delete everything before "For me..."

[quote name='kcK' timestamp='1301015323' post='502868']
Can someone please edit my post so that it starts with me saying "For me" so that way I don't look like a fucking idiot coming into this thread talking like that.. So yeah, delete everything before "For me..."
[/quote]

No problem, got it.

Also, I accidentally put this in the Discussion Group when it needs to be in the Chit-Chat section when I merged the two. Moving it back now...

can't remember if i ever posted in here, but it is very simple. my name is iain, and i go to UMiami (hence the UM part)

simple enough. go canes

• 7 months later...
ooh another necro thread (very scary kids!!) LOL

I'll start with me. When I was little I was really into Greek mythology and was into Atalanta. Then when I was getting my own domain and "Imagination Design" was taken (my buisness name), I chose goldapples. That links to the whole Atalanta story and to that I use Macs.

Oh hey, I have a new screen name now! So let me explain my current one....

I work at a hotel, and there's this Mexican maintenance man. Well, he says my name Chris like Chreees. I mentioned it on TC one day and everyone just started calling me Chreees from that point on. So it kinda stuck. Now it's the screen name I use for everything. Thank you HF for getting me a new screen name. I was getting tired of the old INCUBUSRATM one I had been using since 2002, lol.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320268231' post='530017']
Oh hey, I have a new screen name now! So let me explain my current one....

I work at a hotel, and there's this Mexican maintenance man. Well, he says my name Chris like Chreees. I mentioned it on TC one day and everyone just started calling me Chreees from that point on. So it kinda stuck. Now it's the screen name I use for everything. Thank you HF for getting me a new screen name. I was getting tired of the old INCUBUSRATM one I had been using since 2002, lol.
[/quote]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JL5yS.jpg[/img]

:D
  • Upvote 1

I got mine in highschool.

Teacher was calling role in a large lecture, and was saying just the first letter of a name, then the last. So when my name came, she called:
G-Rock

I thought it was pretty cool, and my friends thought it was a sick name, better than my real name at least. lol
Its what I mostly went by in highschool.

However, my actual name is Glen Rock.