How Did You Get Your Username?

Soup

For me, I am a very spirutal person, and an aspiring Bhakti Yogi. So when I would describe a deep experience to someone, I would always just say I was "Floating around for a while". I just stuck with Float Around, because thats the best advice I can give to someone. Just float around for a while, see what shows up.

When I was like 10Me and my sisters boyfriend where watching a documentary on starcraft in Korea And all the best gamers had shit names like Silent zero and black bear And I joked that maby if I had a name like that I could pwn at stracraft so I crafted Toomanysecrets wich soon became Secrets because the previous was too long for most games wich became Secretz because alot of people used secrets and then S3cretz because I wanted to be L33t

[quote name='grock' timestamp='1320278163' post='530036']
I got mine in highschool.

Teacher was calling role in a large lecture, and was saying just the first letter of a name, then the last. So when my name came, she called:
G-Rock

I thought it was pretty cool, and my friends thought it was a sick name, better than my real name at least. lol
Its what I mostly went by in highschool.

However, my actual name is Glen Rock.
[/quote]

I was thinking it was a Heinlein [i]Stranger in a Strange Land [/i]reference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok

Tabletop gaming in high school, my very first character!

I wanted to find something time-related, because the theme of the game was time travel.

Nikotelopico

Hmm..this goes back to 5th grade. I was in computer class and wanted to watch music videos on yahoo (back then, YouTube was non existent) But in order to use yahoo to watch music videos, you had to have a yahoo account. My friend was thinking of what I could put. My name is Nicholas, but I go by Nick or Niko/Nico. Out of no where, this guy says, Niko te lo pico! I put it in, it was available and bada bing bada boom..just like that, I got my username that I use everywhere....including XBOX Live. It never fails, it's always available.