How Did You Get Your Username?

Soup

Just as it says...how did you get your nickname?
My story is really lame and inconsiquential!  I was sitting in computers class in grade 9 (4 years ago) when my friend Jeff leans back and says, or what I thought he said, "Hey, Soup!".  This puzzled me.  I asked, "Did you just call me Soup?".  To which he relpied, "No, but I'm gonna call you that now!"
It has stuck eversice!
What's your story?

Ok...I knew this guy, back in the days of BBS...his nick was cashew. Apparently his little sister couldn't say Matthew....I am allergic to cashews...I've almost died . My nickname comes from my company and that comes from the city in Morocco. I chose this because a. It sounds goodb. there used to be two prominant styles of sheesha: 1) the Sham and 2) the Gulfii(1) Syria/Jordan, 2) Saudi Arabia/Bahrain) and I wanted my tobacco to be unique and not associated with either place. My friends call me Gourd. Mostly cause I'm gigantic by human standards and I like wearing this one particular color of shirt that happens to be the same color as this color of paint I used in my lounge which was called gourd. I own like three or four of the same color tee-shirts. My friend Chase likes calling me it because he's a sacreligious heathen and likes comparing me to God... (Gourd-God) of hookahs. Yeah. I always wondered where Soup came from (for all of two weeks now). I hoped it was not meant as something derogatory towards one of the finest courses of food available. I like Soup. Mushroom. Chowders. Bisques. Chili. Stews. Mmmm.

[quote name='Tangiers']My friends call me Gourd. Mostly cause I'm gigantic by human standards and I like wearing this one particular color of shirt that happens to be the same color as this color of paint I used in my lounge which was called gourd. I own like three or four of the same color tee-shirts. My friend Chase likes calling me it because he's a sacreligious heathen and likes comparing me to God... (Gourd-God) of hookahs.[/quote]
I noticed that there is now a member called Gourd.  Is this you or just a coincidence?  It just seems odd that after this was posted a new member called Gourd shows up.[quote name='Tangiers']Yeah. I always wondered where Soup came from (for all of two weeks now). I hoped it was not meant as something derogatory towards one of the finest courses of food available. I like Soup. Mushroom. Chowders. Bisques. Chili. Stews. Mmmm.[/quote]
Despite my nickname, I really don't like soups.  I just can't agree with them.

• 2 weeks later...
When I first registered on the forum I had t othink up a name. So, I thought. ANd I thought, and I thought a little more. I looked at the hookah next to me bubbling away. I thought of "Hubbly-Bubbly," and think I discovered that name taken. So I thought some more and MR Bubble came from my 2nd bowl of Nakhla Strawberry, 6th beer, and 4th shot of something I can no longer remember. Not an interesting story.
But the most interesting nickname I can remember was "Nixon." I don't know how or why it was given. Nobody would ever fess up to it, but it stuck. That was in 1985 in a unit in Germany. In June of 2001 I ran into an old friend on our way to Egypt. As soon as he saw me, I heard "Hey Nixon!" The party started. I later asked him why they came up with Nixon all those years ago, and he had no idea either.
Yeah, okay.
MR Bubble

It's too bad you don't remember where Nixon came from, that would be interesting...or, quite possibly, horrifically simple.
Could be worse...Stew got his because we needed something like "Soup" but not quite.  Get it...Soup and Stew!  No?  Ok, I'll try harder next time.

• 3 weeks later...
My forum name came from my aim name, which I just thought of out of
thin air a few years back. I just wanted something to be able to use
for all my internet uses, and for some odd reason, this name popped in
my head... Not very interesting. Not as interesting as my real name
nick-name :)

My name is Nick firstly, for those who don't know. My freshman year of
college, I became great friends with my roomate. His name was Tim, who
I called Timmeh like they do on South Park. Anways, we were watching tv
when a commercial came on, that Ricola comerical, you know what I'm
talking about, ricola throat medicine or whatever...

Well anyways, in the comercial, a voice says "RIIICCOLLLAAAAAA", so he
looked at me and yelled out, "NIIICCKKOLLAAA", then tweaked it just a
little bit into NIIICKOLLAIIII, Nickolai. Pretty much a russian version
of my name... Well he called me this non-stop...ALL YEAR. When I would
go to a party and meet people, they would say, Oh ya, your Timmy's
roomate nickolai right? I pretty much had become Nickolai. I was being
introduced as Nickolai. Every single friend I had called me nickolai.
Some people were shocked when they learned it wasn't my real name.

So yeah, thats my real name nick-name. I'm a rare case. My nickname is actually longer than my real name :)

Jennifer -> Jennie -> Jen -> JThat's the procession of my name :D
I got "jeans" one day when I was signing up for a forum. I didn't want to be jenibbles (haha, long story), or moonhead1289 anymore, so I looked around my room and my eyes fell on my laundry..."JEANS!" eureka.

The bulk of my friends have nicknames that are just shortened versions of their actual names except for a few...Jeff is Fatness cause he weighed 1kg more than the guy who gave him the name, Stef is Stiff/Stiffler cause of the American Pie character, Cody is Hot Cody cause someone thought he was hot...we have also used Moderatly Attractive Cody aswell...

As with yash, I have been introduced by my nickname and have people ask me a long time later what my real name is.

[quote name='jeans']Jennifer -> Jennie -> Jen -> JThat's the procession of my name :D
I got "jeans" one day when I was signing up for a forum. I didn't want to be jenibbles (haha, long story), or moonhead1289 anymore, so I looked around my room and my eyes fell on my laundry..."JEANS!" eureka.[/quote]I know several Jennifers that go by Jens or Jenny/Jennie. When I saw the nick Jeans, I assumed your name was somewhere in that range on names, Jens...Jeans...I have a ballerina friend/customer named Lindsey and she goes by Linds, she weighs like 94 pounds! People called me Hofe the year I was in high-school. My last name is Hofmann and my first name is Eric, so HOFmann, Eric. They were special smart kids...don't blame them. In Jr. high school, the coach got all the kids to do this funny thing, 'cause I'm so big, when There was any kind of jumping or running and I was up, the coach would get all the other kids to bounce up and down or jump up in the air when I landed, etc. So, I got the nickname 'Quake. As in earthquake. In college, my fraternity brothers called me Hofmann. Some sorority girls started a nickname for me, trunks. I'm gonna keep that one a secret for Heidi and Maria's sake. Love you, girls, kis kis!

My real name is Dylan. Sometime my friends call me Rod for 2 reasons: i have a hot rod (1940) and I ....have big feet (15).when i was little asswoles would call me dill pickle or dildo to piss me off. now i'm much more laid back.c4r80n is code for carbon. I was sick of signing up for stuff and having a name taken, so i made up something simple (carbon) and coded it. Now i use it for EVERYTHING.ta da!

ooh, penn state.  something within my actual sphere of knowledge :)so did you ever go to tall shiva? i only made it in a couple of times but i thought their atmosphere was pretty cool (even though they had tables).. i loved the idea of beaded curtain areas to emulate little open-air rooms. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was reading your post in my JTHM thread then this one here and I noticed something.  YOU ARE F**KING COOL!!!  A Vasquez fan AND a Fett fan!  Thats bloody wonderful!  You have just earned my unwavering respect.  Keep up the good work