• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1303287197' post='506187']
[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1303286915' post='506183']
so if i write hookahflip or Idiot Idea it will get filtered? if so, awesome. i think it is funny, and the creators of this product warranted this happening by spamming our forum. let's not take this word filter too seriously, guys

edit: HAHAHA, it works!!! Idiot Idea Idiot Idea Idiot Idea
[/quote]

Yeah but banning a person makes a whole lot more sense than censoring a word thus inhibiting open discussion on the idea.
[/quote]

Right. Banning a person is just punishing the person. Censoring the word potentially punishes us, because it could actually be a useful product. Having missed all the spamming stuff (as I wasn't a member of any hookah forum until recently), I think it's actually a potentially very useful idea. I actually quite like the smoking experience of Egys over Vortex and Phunnel bowls for most shisha I've tried, so I think the idea of basically flipping a mod/egy upside down has merit. The coal bowl could also cut down on dropped coals and ease heat management. It also has the potential to cool the smoke more in a fairly short hookah, since the curve means more tubing involved at a lower height. That's counteracted in this product, though, by the fact that the coal holder attaches to a lower part of the stem. It would probably work better if the coal holder was an entirely separate piece, though that would be rather inelegant I suppose.

As far as expense, yeah, I wish it were cheaper; but I also wish that about the Crown products, and by all accounts they're excellent.

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1331705382' post='542481']
Just when people where getting use to the flip they come out with this awful thing.

[url="http://www.hookahcompany.com/hookah_flip_hookah_bowl_5902_prd1.htm"]http://www.hookahcom...l_5902_prd1.htm[/url]

[img]http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/pc/catalog/Dragon-Hookah-Flip-L.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

That is hideous, but I do like one thing about it: the addition of a rubberized cover for the height adjustment screw. Every review I've seen mentions that as a problem with the original flip. If they could've just added that to the regular Flip, that would've been a nice improvement. A bowl screen with lots of tiny holes instead of a few big ones would've also been welcomed to assuage worries about dripping. Of course, some reviewers have just used foil for that. Edited by Christopher Mason Taylor

[quote name='Christopher Mason Taylor' timestamp='1331776321' post='542592']
[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1303287197' post='506187']
[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1303286915' post='506183']
so if i write hookahflip or Idiot Idea it will get filtered? if so, awesome. i think it is funny, and the creators of this product warranted this happening by spamming our forum. let's not take this word filter too seriously, guys

edit: HAHAHA, it works!!! Idiot Idea Idiot Idea Idiot Idea
[/quote]

Yeah but banning a person makes a whole lot more sense than censoring a word thus inhibiting open discussion on the idea.
[/quote]

Right. Banning a person is just punishing the person. Censoring the word potentially punishes us, because it could actually be a useful product. Having missed all the spamming stuff (as I wasn't a member of any hookah forum until recently), I think it's actually a potentially very useful idea. I actually quite like the smoking experience of Egys over Vortex and Phunnel bowls for most shisha I've tried, so I think the idea of basically flipping a mod/egy upside down has merit. The coal bowl could also cut down on dropped coals and ease heat management. It also has the potential to cool the smoke more in a fairly short hookah, since the curve means more tubing involved at a lower height. That's counteracted in this product, though, by the fact that the coal holder attaches to a lower part of the stem. It would probably work better if the coal holder was an entirely separate piece, though that would be rather inelegant I suppose.

As far as expense, yeah, I wish it were cheaper; but I also wish that about the Crown products, and by all accounts they're excellent.
[/quote]

I did use and it did work but I saw no improvement using than vs. a standard setup. No cooler smoke on a smaller hookah (I had a mya diva), the coals didn't last longer (actually I need more coals) and it added more time to my clean up routine.

/slightly off topic but does anyone know what happened to the pass the flip around thread? Curious where my flip ended up.

we got an email about this addon yesterday also, and i think its cool because it would reduce the heat and you wouldn't have to touch burning metal, but personally me and a couple buddies have the flip bowls and we love them i use it daily more then my tangiers phunnel the other bowlsonly come out when another person comes over we all love theflip more thne any other bowl, but you can never go wrong with a tangiers phunnel

I got an original flip about a month ago, and it has a rubberized height adjustment screw, so no burned fingers. Last couple times I used it I had gloves on though, so it wouldn't have made a difference. Love this bowl, makes heat management easy and smokes great, no juices dripping through onto the coals (social smoke shisha, and I used foil and ditched the screen), and cools the smoke a bit more on my Mya mini due to the effective extra stem length. Nice and secure on the stem using a mod grommet or wet paper towel.