• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the dark on this flip thing, but i finally watched the video. I'm intrigued.

I wonder how hard it would be to make one yourself. The hollow brass tube and the metal phunnel might be difficult to find/make. I feel like the inventor went to Home Depot and bought a shower head.

[quote name='Kapten Kanel' timestamp='1303311061' post='506217']
[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1303287197' post='506187']
[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1303286915' post='506183']
so if i write hookahflip or Idiot Idea it will get filtered? if so, awesome. i think it is funny, and the creators of this product warranted this happening by spamming our forum. let's not take this word filter too seriously, guys

edit: HAHAHA, it works!!! Idiot Idea Idiot Idea Idiot Idea
[/quote]

Yeah but banning a person makes a whole lot more sense than censoring a word thus inhibiting open discussion on the idea.
[/quote]

When the creator of the product himself, spams a forum and doesnt follow the rules, well, why give him free advertisement? Also not sure how it really inhibits the ability to have discussion about the product, and really, what is there to discuss? Which brand has the least "juice" so it can actually be smoked? It should have stayed as a DIY gimmick or something. /Rant

Also, Idiot Idea :lol2:
[/quote]

Yeah all the controversy around the product is giving it a lot of free advertisement. I am with everyone on the anti spamming idea, you create a product and try to increase it popularity. Thats a given. But spamming forums isnt the way to go around it. But then again it has created more discussion about it so idk if its working to their benefit.

As far as the juices dripping goes.. It doesn't Kapten Kanel. I used it plenty of times, I actually have a video review of it on another thread that was created. So take my word for it. The juices definitely don't trip, but I haven't smoked any Layalina out of it so maybe it'll be a different story with that. But my Egyptian head and my phunnel are still my dailys.. I still havent bought one yet lol Price is too steep

[quote name='Click' timestamp='1303354444' post='506284']
I feel like the inventor went to Home Depot and bought a shower head.

[/quote]

Lmaooo

i havent tested this bowl out but i think i may have the chance soon. from what i hear it actually works as its supposed to. a very respectable video reviewer talked to me about it and from what i know the space between bowl and coals is hot and dry enough that shisha juice doesnt drip, just kinda evaporates. his review used hookahfina tobacco which is drippy and wet as hell. a plus side to this bowl is that apparently it allows ZERO coal taste. this comes from a man who uses nothing but coco naras or kanaras. very interesting and ill get back with my insight if i get the chance to try it out.

Alex

Got my flip in last night. I stopped buying so many shoes so now I waste my money on hookah things :) It will not stand on its own - the center of gravity is too off. However, It is light enough that it will not tip a small hookah. I used it with a Mya Diva and the hookah was perfectly stable. It uses a MOD grommet, FYI. In regards to performance, I think I still need to play with it to get to the sweet spot. The first 10 minutes were great but something weird happened and all my coals died out (had 3 coco's in there). I don't know how or why but they were black as night. I switched to 3 three king instant lites and those did stay lit but was having a difficult time in finding the right height that was not too harsh and not too weak.

[quote name='squidget' timestamp='1303917104' post='507003']
Got my flip in last night. I stopped buying so many shoes so now I waste my money on hookah things :) It will not stand on its own - the center of gravity is too off. However, It is light enough that it will not tip a small hookah. I used it with a Mya Diva and the hookah was perfectly stable. It uses a MOD grommet, FYI. In regards to performance, I think I still need to play with it to get to the sweet spot. The first 10 minutes were great but something weird happened and all my coals died out (had 3 coco's in there). I don't know how or why but they were black as night. I switched to 3 three king instant lites and those did stay lit but was having a difficult time in finding the right height that was not too harsh and not too weak.
[/quote]

may be smothering the coals. Not enough air flow?

[quote name='Allstar' timestamp='1303917385' post='507006']
Why won't this thing die already
[/quote]

I don't understand the hate for this product. I don't have it and I haven't tried it, but some trusted members on the forum said that it works well. So far, the only problems that have come up with it are the price and the looks of the bowl. All the other problems have been disproven. ex: dripping juices from the tobacco. If it were cheaper, I would get myself one. However, being a poor college kid, I could only justify spending that much on a mini phunnel.

[quote name='rhineholt' timestamp='1303946351' post='507086']
[/quote]

I don't understand the hate for this product. I don't have it and I haven't tried it, but some trusted members on the forum said that it works well. So far, the only problems that have come up with it are the price and the looks of the bowl. All the other problems have been disproven. ex: dripping juices from the tobacco. If it were cheaper, I would get myself one. However, being a poor college kid, I could only justify spending that much on a mini phunnel.
[/quote]

But this bowl is completely pointless. It doesn't do anything that other bowls can't. It's just upside down... It is a stupid idea. Plus why would you get one of these when 1. It's ugly as F*** 2. There are bowls that are so much better than this. Just my opinion.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1303947925' post='507088']
[/quote]

[/quote]

But this bowl is completely pointless. It doesn't do anything that other bowls can't. It's just upside down... It is a stupid idea. Plus why would you get one of these when 1. It's ugly as F*** 2. There are bowls that are so much better than this. Just my opinion.
[/quote]

Probably for the same reason people still have ugly ass cars when there are better cars on the street. Its just a preference thing, I don't see anything wrong with it. Plus it uses the concept of HEATING the tobacco rather than SCORCHING it with direct contact.

[quote name='dizzbizz' timestamp='1303948145' post='507089']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1303947925' post='507088']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Probably for the same reason people still have ugly ass cars when there are better cars on the street. Its just a preference thing, I don't see anything wrong with it. Plus it uses the concept of HEATING the tobacco rather than SCORCHING it with direct contact.
[/quote]

Yes but people with ugly ass cars still want better cars. This bowl is just a piece of shit.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1303948346' post='507090']
Yes but people with ugly ass cars still want better cars. This bowl is just a piece of shit.
[/quote]
I don't understand how wanting something better has anything to do with this. Its a new product that changes the traditional style of packing bowls and it works the way it was designed to; so whats so stupid about that other than it looks ugly? I understand it looks dumb and all, but from the review that was posted in our own [url="http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/41885-idiot-idea-video-review/"]review thread[/url], it looks like it works well. Don't be scared of change, it happens all the time.

[quote name='dizzbizz' timestamp='1303949003' post='507092']
[/quote]
I don't understand how wanting something better has anything to do with this. Its a new product that changes the traditional style of packing bowls and it works the way it was designed to; so whats so stupid about that other than it looks ugly? I understand it looks dumb and all, but from the review that was posted in our own [url="http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/41885-idiot-idea-video-review/"]review thread[/url], it looks like it works well. Don't be scared of change, it happens all the time.
[/quote]

Because people owning ugly ass cars "the flip" still want a nicer car "a better bowl". Any way you slice the cake this bowl is still shit.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1303949170' post='507094']
[quote name='dizzbizz' timestamp='1303949003' post='507092']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Because people owning ugly ass cars "the flip" still want a nicer car "a better bowl". Any way you slice the cake this bowl is still shit.
[/quote]

I understand the comparison, I don't understand how [u][b]wanting[/b][/u] a better "car" makes it anymore acceptable. You've said its a piece of shit several times, I'd like to know how you think it is, because from my perspective, it looks dumb, but its made from quality materials, good flow, and lasts long, isn't that what people look for in a bowl anyway?

Okay mr. this shit is fantastic. Why wouldn't you just buy a phunnel bowl. Great airflow, lasts hours upon hours upon hours. I said this was just my opinion several posts above. I'm not trying to convince you to hate this bowl. All I'm saying is this bowl is pointless.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1303949768' post='507097']
Okay mr. this shit is fantastic. Why wouldn't you just buy a phunnel bowl. Great airflow, lasts hours upon hours upon hours. I said this was just my opinion several posts above. I'm not trying to convince you to hate this bowl. All I'm saying is this bowl is pointless.
[/quote]

I never said this bowl is fantastic, but, frankly, its annoying when someone blurts, "THIS IS A PIECE OF SHIT" when they have no evidence or in your case, a reason. I know what the definition of an opinion is, all I'm asking you to do is explain your opinion.

My friend has one. We have smoked out of it before.

1. The coals don't last long. They are enclosed in a tray with no air flow. Fire needs oxygen to survive.
2. It takes forever to light up the shisha.
3. The juices do drip on the coals. Hello! Shisha is wet!

= Piece of shit product. or.... FAIL PRODUCT!

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1303950456' post='507099']

1. The coals don't last long. They are enclosed in a tray with no air flow. Fire needs oxygen to survive.

[/quote]

Thank you. I want to try one out just to know for myself, but its way to expensive.

[quote name='dizzbizz' timestamp='1303951225' post='507100']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1303950456' post='507099']

[/quote]

Thank you. I want to try one out just to know for myself, but its way to expensive.
[/quote]

Not trying to put you down. Just my opinion is all.