• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're not allowed to mention the name, then tell me. If someone is just changing titles to "Idiot" because of personal opinion, it's not funny. Have not seen anything regarding it as taboo, so correct me if I'm wrong.

so if i write hookahflip or Idiot Idea it will get filtered? if so, awesome. i think it is funny, and the creators of this product warranted this happening by spamming our forum. let's not take this word filter too seriously, guys

edit: HAHAHA, it works!!! Idiot Idea Idiot Idea Idiot Idea Edited by IainUM

[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1303286915' post='506183']
so if i write hookahflip or Idiot Idea it will get filtered? if so, awesome. i think it is funny, and the creators of this product warranted this happening by spamming our forum. let's not take this word filter too seriously, guys

edit: HAHAHA, it works!!! Idiot Idea Idiot Idea Idiot Idea
[/quote]

Yeah but banning a person makes a whole lot more sense than censoring a word thus inhibiting open discussion on the idea.

if people need to say the product's name they can say hookahflip, which doesn't filter. they also banned the people spamming, but this isn't really inhibiting conversation about it at all by having a word filter. by reading the thread a bit you can figure out what they are talking about

What about back flip? or buying something at a low price to flip at a higher price?

Edit: hmm no censor....is it only on the combination Idiot Idea?

Edit again: Apparently!

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1303287197' post='506187']

[/quote]

Yeah but banning a person makes a whole lot more sense than censoring a word thus inhibiting open discussion on the idea.
[/quote]

The reason why Mush does the filter on certain things is so that no one is directed towards a piece of crap product. Also, so that the person who made it can't get ANY free advertising, good or bad. Thus, it will not pop up in Google Search on our forum...

[quote name='Kapten Kanel' timestamp='1303307816' post='506208']
Ahhahaa thats hilarious! Fail idea is fail, the juices will surely drip down on the coals. BTW, what word exactly is filtered? Doesnt seem to work for me :post-5619-1201289386:
[/quote]

It rhymes with "Slookah Slip"

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1303287197' post='506187']

[/quote]

[/quote]

When the creator of the product himself, spams a forum and doesnt follow the rules, well, why give him free advertisement? Also not sure how it really inhibits the ability to have discussion about the product, and really, what is there to discuss? Which brand has the least "juice" so it can actually be smoked? It should have stayed as a DIY gimmick or something. /Rant

Also, Idiot Idea :lol2:

OR you could have gone to this 4 page existing thread and saved the trouble.

http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/41556-flip/page__p__502428__hl__flip__fromsearch__1#entry502428

Please remember, participation here is voluntary. you can still say hookahflip, but the spammers always wrote it in 2 words and thats why the filter works that way.

I find one thing rather weird, if the juices (glycerin/molasses/honey depending on brand) which create the actual "smoke" regardless of bowl, shisha and so on, vaporize before it starts to drip, well, wouldnt that mean the session would be REALLY short but with extreme amounts of smoke?

I think it works because of the metal funnel bowl, makes sense to me that with the heat coming from the top of the coals absorbing through the shisha and then absorbing and bouncing off the metal at the same time, perhaps creating a nice hard shell around all the tobacco evenly instead of just the top like normal coals,
Just a thought, i think its funny how much it looks like a sink faucet!

[quote name='CarePolice' timestamp='1303325010' post='506241']
Ahh... I see. Apologies, for some reason a filter didn't occur to me. Wasn't a gigantic deal in any case, I was mostly just trying to make sure I wasn't alone in thinking it had potential.
[/quote]

it may have potential, like I said though, lack of balance scares me.

I have nothing against innovation mind you. Where would we be if eric hadn't come up with the original Phunnel? But I don't like spammers who keep making accounts after the old one has been banned. Play right or don't play. :)