• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was just as skeptical but honestly after using it I'm impressed. I'm actually going to buy one even though I think its overpriced. Ill borrow my friends tomorrow and post a review/smoking vid

[quote name='nars2k' timestamp='1302116645' post='504425']
I didnt want to bring an old thread back but after trying the Hookah "Flip" Head I had too. At first when I saw it, I took a minute to laugh. Just like the rest of you I thought about the juices dripping all over the coals. But a friend set it up and told me to try it. After smoking for about 2 hours I have to say I am very impressed. The top bowl where you pack the tobacco, is actually a phunnel. We packed some NAK Sweet Melon, and had the most taste I have had from it for a long time. I am going take some tangiers to my buddy's house and see how it holds up with Tangiers. I am actually impressed with this bowl, I just cant justify paying $40 dollars for one...
[/quote]

Did you buy yours or was it given to you? Do you have to return it?

I find sudden posts like this very suspicious.

I don't see how the top bowl being a phunnel would make it different from any other design. A phunnel is designed to keep juices from flowing out of the bowl and down the stem, but if you flip it upside down, it shouldn't matter if its a phunnel, egyptian, or mod bowl. The juices will go in the direction of gravity.

Edit: Not trying to refute your claim to how it works. I'm just curious as to how a specific style of bowl would be any better in this scenario. Edited by EAK1791

youtubed the shit out of it
i feel like its a whole lotta hooplah for nothing. I like that it's something new but i'm fine with my vortex and an arnold palmer cover

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1302191282' post='504546']
[quote name='nars2k' timestamp='1302116645' post='504425']
I didnt want to bring an old thread back but after trying the Hookah "Flip" Head I had too. At first when I saw it, I took a minute to laugh. Just like the rest of you I thought about the juices dripping all over the coals. But a friend set it up and told me to try it. After smoking for about 2 hours I have to say I am very impressed. The top bowl where you pack the tobacco, is actually a phunnel. We packed some NAK Sweet Melon, and had the most taste I have had from it for a long time. I am going take some tangiers to my buddy's house and see how it holds up with Tangiers. I am actually impressed with this bowl, I just cant justify paying $40 dollars for one...
[/quote]

Did you buy yours or was it given to you? Do you have to return it?

I find sudden posts like this very suspicious.
[/quote]

No mush I dont even have one yet, my friend bought one from a banned vendor. There's nothing suspicious going on I was just sharing my thoughts of it after using it.

And for the phunnel aspect, you're right they could have just as easily made it into a regular head and it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference. Its not a revolutionary product lol but its just cool to see how creative people are getting with everything hookah related, specially when the product they make doesn't suck. Im still waiting for someone to make the perfect electronic charcoals.

[quote name='Dereksd' timestamp='1302203662' post='504568']
I've seen videos of the flip used but haven't seen anyone set one up and review it so maybe you can do that
[/quote]

+1

Um, wait, so you're "hookahmasta1" on YouTube?

You act as if the video was just made, when really it was uploaded on March 20, 2011. I remembered seeing this video before, and sure enough I looked below in the comments, and saw my post...

So what's going on here? What I think is going on is the guy in THIS video, <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLUjJLaO9ug&feature=related>, the main guy talking, is your friend and its his product. You perhaps did the other video that you just posted, because the voice is different. I may be totally wrong, though. But I believe you guys may be affiliated in some way, whether it be friends or business partners...

Well I don't know about your association with hookahmasta but I do know for sure that he/they have been spamming/advertising all over the other forums.

And this video is from the same account they were posting the first video from.

[Edit] This is the same video they have been posting all over for some weeks! How come this was just made? [/Edit] Edited by vendetta_revived

To clarify exactly why I'm confused...

[quote name='nars2k' timestamp='1302156076' post='504512']
Yeah I was just as skeptical but honestly after using it I'm impressed. I'm actually going to buy one even though I think its overpriced. [b]Ill borrow my friends tomorrow and post a review/smoking vid[/b]
[/quote]

Here you seem to say you'll be making a brand new video, YOUR video, not hookahmasta1's...

[quote name='nars2k' timestamp='1302339273' post='504782']
[quote name='ilikemyusername' timestamp='1302212247' post='504587']
It seems hookahflip has hacked nars2k's profile...

[/quote]

Lol no dont worry no one has hacked my profile,

here is the video as promised.

Cons:
Gets too hot
Takes a while to get use to how far to adjust the coals
Too pricey
Heavy

Pros:
Lasts a long time ( The session)
Tangiers Noob friendly
Dont need to flip coals or move them around ( but I guess since you still need to adjust it its the same)
[/quote]

Yet we get hookahmasta1's video... again.

Just let us know what's going on...

Sorry about that everyone it seemed that I had somehow linked THEIR video instead of the one I had made. To clear this up I am not "hookahmasta1" nor am I in any way affiliated with them. I am still trying to figure out how their video got linked instead of mine but yeah that's about it. This was the actual video which I had tried posting

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jWFN3k0GO0[/media]

Where did the steam come from? Is that because of the juices hitting the coals or because the metal is heating up so much. Good review though. You showed us how well that thing actually can work. If they could get the price down it might be worth it.

All the times I have used it I have never seen the juices drip on to the coals. But I honestly have no idea what the steam was, I guess the molasses started vaporizing? Yeah I agree the price is too high, they would probably get more people willing to try it if it wasn't so expensive.

im really interested in trying this, but i just dont have the money for an expensive product that may or may not last too long. if it goes down in price, someone let me know

They would have likely gotten alot more respect on this forum if they didn't spam the crap out of it. I think that left a bad taste in everyones mouth. It seems like a cool idea and if it works it works but I still don't see the point in it. $40.00 pricetag, not too terrible considering it's supposedly all brass. I am rather concerned that I won't get a really tight fit on my pipe and a half hour later the whole thing comes tumbling off, that would be like the worst thing ever!. really since the coals are on the bottom, why not set it up upsidedown so the bottom of the bowl is being heated, then there would be no juice leakage issues, it would be diffocult to master the heat but I'm sure you could theoretically find the fine line between vaporizing and burning, I may buy one just to experiment with it.

• 2 weeks later...
I watched the video review and I have to say, I'm interested in the idea. I'm a whore for traditional look, but even traditional had to start as innovative at some point. Hoping they work out the kinks in the ugly design and maybe produce one in straight up brass. Am I alone in thinking this might be a decent idea? lol.

P.S. Yes, I'll guinea pig and take the bullet to try it out if I get money. Will look SO ugly on my Nawras, haha.

Are we not allowed to say what it is? if it is what I think it is I see how they work but I know I could design it better. My biggest concern is that there is no counter balance on it so you're completely dependant on on that grommet. if it fails you're doomed! they should have just made it completely vertical.