• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it sounds like a fail product...but I guess more power to them for trying to bring something new to the hookah world(we don't see new stuff often from what I've seen over the years)

also screw 'em for spamming, good riddance

I suppose, if they had designed a cup to hold the shisha and yet let the heat flow through it ala funnel, it MIGHT work, but he should have put out a free sample to each hookah forum owner, instead of the ill conceived spamming.

i swear i remember seeing a bowl that was like a regular bowl, but had a swooping thing under the whole thing that held coals so it heated it from below. but i remember this one being glass i think and the bowl that held the tobacco was upright. i'll see if i can find a link or if i am just retarded.

[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1300865974' post='502572']
i swear i remember seeing a bowl that was like a regular bowl, but had a swooping thing under the whole thing that held coals so it heated it from below. but i remember this one being glass i think and the bowl that held the tobacco was upright. i'll see if i can find a link or if i am just retarded.
[/quote]

No, such a pipe does exsist. It is inverted, still can't remember exactly how it worked... But the base and stem we on top, while the bowl and coals were below. idn't seem sound, either.

As for the flip, these were the exact concerns I voiced earlier, and it got me to thinking... How many of these people actually are hookah experts? I bet you anything the creator of the flip has minimal hookah anatomy knowledge, and then just took something normal, made it abnormal, slapped it on a plastic lunchbox and threw it on the e-shelves for us to deal with.

One small problem...okay a lot..

Got juices dripping on your coals, coals have no airflow around them so they die out sooner... No direct heat.. longer start up time.... and the side view of it looks like Casper the Friendly Ghost's Head from a Profile angle.

[/quote]

I remember those..they took wine bottle racks and made hookahs out of them or such sillyness. That's the way a hookah table is set up, base on top, bowl on the bottom heating the water. :)

im not saying the whole hookah was like that, i just mean the bowl. i am aware of those weird ones on ebay that had it all weird on in a table. but i also remember seeing a glass bowl that was made to work how i described it

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1300902249' post='502619']
[/quote]

I remember those..they took wine bottle racks and made hookahs out of them or such sillyness. That's the way a hookah table is set up, base on top, bowl on the bottom heating the water. :)
[/quote]

sure is silly

[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1300902592' post='502620']
im not saying the whole hookah was like that, i just mean the bowl. i am aware of those weird ones on ebay that had it all weird on in a table. but i also remember seeing a glass bowl that was made to work how i described it
[/quote]

hmm..that i'd like to see...

• 2 weeks later...
I didnt want to bring an old thread back but after trying the Hookah "Flip" Head I had too. At first when I saw it, I took a minute to laugh. Just like the rest of you I thought about the juices dripping all over the coals. But a friend set it up and told me to try it. After smoking for about 2 hours I have to say I am very impressed. The top bowl where you pack the tobacco, is actually a phunnel. We packed some NAK Sweet Melon, and had the most taste I have had from it for a long time. I am going take some tangiers to my buddy's house and see how it holds up with Tangiers. I am actually impressed with this bowl, I just cant justify paying $40 dollars for one...

[quote name='nars2k' timestamp='1302116645' post='504425']
I didnt want to bring an old thread back but after trying the Hookah "Flip" Head I had too. At first when I saw it, I took a minute to laugh. Just like the rest of you I thought about the juices dripping all over the coals. But a friend set it up and told me to try it. After smoking for about 2 hours I have to say I am very impressed. The top bowl where you pack the tobacco, is actually a phunnel. We packed some NAK Sweet Melon, and had the most taste I have had from it for a long time. I am going take some tangiers to my buddy's house and see how it holds up with Tangiers. I am actually impressed with this bowl, I just cant justify paying $40 dollars for one...
[/quote]

Now im really interested... After watching some videos, it looks like it works well.. Im surprised.