Night Owl Lounge - Tacoma

scorpmatt

I'm from the Tacoma area and was excited to hear from a friend that a new hookah lounge had opened up in Tacoma. That's right, the Night Owl Lounge that's in Seattle has opened up a lounge in the south end of Tacoma.

Address: 211 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98409
Atmosphere: Very comfy couches and love seats, counted roughly 15 couches and maybe 10 love seats. Can't begin to describe how comfy the couches are, all 4 of us were ready to smoke and nap. :) Decent sound system and variety of music. Since it was a Monday night, there was not a lot of people in there so it was nice a quiet. The 2 other people that arrived asides from the 4 of us there were younger, figured they were from UW. Painted walls with a "end of days" touch in the main lounge area made for interesting conversations. I give it at least a 9. If you don't care for the music selections, which was more along hip-hop style, then you might not have as good of a time.

Hookahs, Shisha, and Coals: Hookahs were KM's. The first we had was a Blue Pear and I'm not sure what the second was. The shisha was decent, tried the Blueberry Waffle and the Safari Melon Dew. Both had great flavor, the melon definitely lighter than the waffle. Asked the "waiter" what coals they used, they are Diamante's. Good heat as long as you ash them. I give the overall a 9.5

Service: The service was very good. You order at the front desk after you walk in, pay, and then choose where you want to sit. The "waiter" makes your hookah and brings it too you with nice, hot coals. The "waiter" was attendant but not constantly bugging you. Ready with a coal usually before you have to ask. Took about 3-5 minutes to get the hookah to us, there was no one else there at the time. I give the service a 9.

Prices: $5.50 for year membership, which I do believe is also good at the Seattle lounge, nice plus if you are in that area. $20 for standard shisha, $25 for premium.

This place only opened up about a month ago, there is no big advertising out front for it, hookah in the front window is as good as it gets.

It's nice to have a local lounge that is less than 20 minutes from where I live. The neighborhood is not the greatest, as such, I recommend taking your valuables with you.