How To Get Rid Of Hookah Session Smell

So my folks, the ones I'm staying with for like a week, don't approve of smoking
hookah for the same reason typical people don't like it: they think its NHT.

Anyway... They go to work and I would love to smoke it (yes I
brought my hookah to my parents house haha) while they are at work but I don't
them to notice.. They have super powered noses and doing it outside just seems
like a huge inconvenience.

I haven't tried anything but I would love to
know what would get rid of the smell in like an hours time without work. I don't
think using the "Frebreeze" or "Glade" will cover it as my sessions are quite
smokey..

Thanks for the insight all!

What the problem with my post? Was not spam, and its an honest question.. that I have YET to get an answer to.. so feel free to answer it now.

for the smell, smoke outside. it is much easier for the smell to drift away, but (at least for me) it has been incredibly nice out for a while (in south florida)

Alright man this is the best I can do for you. 1. Open a window and smoke near it. 2. Pick a flavor that you like but can match the smell up with a febreeze candle. This works like a charm, they come in and see the candle burning they think it is the strongest candle ever. That being said don't pick a funky flavor like Indian Summer or Blue Gumball. Best of luck.

After the smoking session, cook something particularly strong-smelling. It doesn't have to be noxious. Core some apples and fill with a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and butter. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350-ish until soft. Cheap, easy, tasty, strong-smelling, and pleasant-smelling. Edited by noodle

Sit near an open window and blow your smoke out of it.

[quote name='shaffaaf27' timestamp='1300636351' post='502194']
open up horchata, and make them think you just used cinnamon.
[/quote]

Just make some damn horchata while you smoke it....Then they have a tasty drink when they get home and won't think anything of the smell

[quote name='peaceman27' timestamp='1300647464' post='502202']
put popcorn in the microwave for ten minutes. you can't smell anything over the smell of burnt popcorn.
[/quote]

I think i would rather get caught then have to smell that nasty burnt popcorn smell..that stuff lingers for way to long
  • Upvote 1

Without being at all facetious - are your parents [b]really[/b] dumb enough to think NHT smells like apples, oranges, roses or whatever you're smoking? In response to ignorance of hookah, I could foresee a pipe being confused with an NHT device by sight, but most certainly not by smell.

IMHO, if the problem is smoking in the house at all, then respect that and smoke outside. People have good reasons for such rules, normally, whether it be asthma, fire safety, or whatever. On the other hand, if smoking is OK but there is a confusion with NHT, do it and take the opportunity to educate them if questions are asked. I can't see anyone being able to sustain a claim that NHT smells of peaches these days :-)

I smoke at a friends house in his room quite often. we usually keep the door closed and the windows closed while we smoke (we dont like wind) and when we're done we just open all the windows.

For us, only the room ends up smelling like what we smoked and after 1-2 hours of open windows, the smell is gone. Febreeze or any kind of air freshener that you spray would cover up the faint smell.

Also, what you could try, is taking drier sheets for laundry and put them on the backside of a fan. After a few minutes your whole room just smells like fresh laundry!

[quote name='bdot' timestamp='1300689806' post='502252']
I smoke at a friends house in his room quite often. we usually keep the door closed and the windows closed while we smoke (we dont like wind) and when we're done we just open all the windows.

For us, only the room ends up smelling like what we smoked and after 1-2 hours of open windows, the smell is gone. Febreeze or any kind of air freshener that you spray would cover up the faint smell.

Also, what you could try, is taking drier sheets for laundry and put them on the backside of a fan. After a few minutes your whole room just smells like fresh laundry!
[/quote]

You do that for rings ? Btw shouldn't there be proper ventilation when you smoke ?

When I was smoking in the dorms (being an RA you have to make sure you don't get caught and a hypocrite) I would seal the doors by duck taping them and open a window.

If it was a long and or heavy smoking session I would fill up a paper towel roll with drier sheets. They work very well, but are a bit of a hassle. It's not fun blowing every hit out in a certain direction or through an apparatus of sorts.

My vote is for smoking outside.

[quote name='noodle' timestamp='1300433462' post='501982']
[b]After the smoking session, cook something particularly strong-smelling.[/b] [u]It doesn't have to be noxious.[/u] Core some apples and fill with a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and butter. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350-ish until soft. Cheap, easy, tasty, strong-smelling, and pleasant-smelling.
[/quote]

this works. usually, the smell of the food is a lot more powerful than the smell the tobacco put off, so they'll pick up on the food you made. honestly, you don't really even have to cook anything; just put some garlic and oil in a pan and go at it...but if you're going through the trouble, you may just want to go ahead and cook something.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1300698449' post='502254']
[quote name='bdot' timestamp='1300689806' post='502252']

[/quote]

You do that for rings ? Btw shouldn't there be proper ventilation when you smoke ?
[/quote]

Sort of. We don't do it solely for rings although we do like to do tricks. Being ~30 degrees outside, it is nice not to freeze while we smoke.

And yes, there should always be proper ventilation but it has never been an issue for us. His room is decently sized so it doesn't get ridiculously smokey inside and the smoke detector has never gone off.

[quote name='Big_Dee' timestamp='1300415252' post='501949']
So my folks, the ones [b]I'm staying with for like a week,[/b] don't approve of smoking
hookah for the same reason typical people don't like it: they think its NHT.
[/quote]
You're only there for a week, you can't just wait?