Khalil Mamoon Original Trimetal Club!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1298297918' post='498681']
ah. mine is an older model from Hookah company but it doesn't have the cylindrical copper piece.

Bloody snobs. B)
[/quote]

What's your trimetal look like, Mush?

[quote name='shaffaaf27' timestamp='1298304736' post='498689']
see the pheronies are the original tri metals.
[/quote]

Lol, then why are these called the OG (original) trimetal? Wish we still had Eric or Walt around who could give us the history.

Right after I got her from Chris, I'm the one he stupidly sold it to. I had no idea that this thing was originally from Eric's lounge, is that why this K-Peach tastes so fantastic when I smoke out it?

[attachment=5345:DSC01738.JPG]

Also, I miss that Phunnel, my new one just doesn't hit as hard, it was a sad day when it and the tile met each other for the first time.

[quote name='alexander' timestamp='1298325015' post='498723']
Right after I got her from Chris, I'm the one he stupidly sold it to. I had no idea that this thing was originally from Eric's lounge, is that why this K-Peach tastes so fantastic when I smoke out it?

[attachment=5345:DSC01738.JPG]

Also, I miss that Phunnel, my new one just doesn't hit as hard, it was a sad day when it and the tile met each other for the first time.
[/quote]

No no, the one I have right now is originally from Eric's lounge. Yours was bought from HJ. Sorry for the confusion, lol. Glad to see you're treating her well!

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1298320479' post='498712']
whi is a qt called a Crown? Marketing.
[/quote]

I'm thinking perhaps this model was the first trimetal model KM made. I'm not sure if it was the first trimetal model we saw here in the States, though. They could've just imported the Pharonie first or something. I have no clue, as I wasn't around the hookah game then. What I do know is that the first batch of these imported was limited, and when they sold out that was it. Until a vendor (I think George of Hookahcompany) asked them to import another batch. From what I've been told, you can easily find these at KM's store in Egypt. Just not readily available here as the importers don't import them over. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I remember it.

Mind sharing a pic of your trimetal?

First there are 2 types of OG trimetals, mine and chris's are from the first batch shipped here oh id say ~3-4 years ago. I bought mine when they first came out from george, and my friend bought chris's from eric. The pharaonie was imported a little bit later but more of them came in so they were a lot easier to get. The second shipment came in during the time when KM's quality was not as good as it usually is. Chris can attest to this because his first og was from the 2nd batch and this one is from the first. Theres no difference in the way that they smoke, just the build quality is MUCH better on the first batch og's.

Og's and pharaonies look very similar but the etching on a pharonie is lighter and the cylinder is smooth where as the og has a texture to it.

I will get a pic of my og in a little.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1298327987' post='498733']
i keep it at my local smoke lounge. I'll take a pic on thursday when i go for my weekly session.
[/quote]

Cool, thanks.

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1298328477' post='498734']
First there are 2 types of OG trimetals, mine and chris's are from the first batch shipped here oh id say ~3-4 years ago. I bought mine when they first came out from george, and my friend bought chris's from eric. The pharaonie was imported a little bit later but more of them came in so they were a lot easier to get. The second shipment came in during the time when KM's quality was not as good as it usually is. Chris can attest to this because his first og was from the 2nd batch and this one is from the first. Theres no difference in the way that they smoke, just the build quality is MUCH better on the first batch og's.

Og's and pharaonies look very similar but the etching on a pharonie is lighter and the cylinder is smooth where as the og has a texture to it.

I will get a pic of my og in a little.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing it up, Wade.

My og og tri on a jumbo boho...

[IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/cotsi95/hookah/photo4-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/cotsi95/hookah/photo1-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/cotsi95/hookah/photo2-1.jpg[/IMG]

heres the center piece with the engraving i was talking about

[IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/cotsi95/hookah/photo3-1.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1298342637' post='498763']
[quote name='kvtaco17' timestamp='1298342200' post='498761']
My OG tri has a 3 under the tray... anyone know whats the deal with the numbering?
[/quote]

Its the worker number...
[/quote]

Yes, we confirmed it with Eric on another forum that it is indeed the worker number.

Wade: your center piece is like mine- they accidentally made the main vertical notches go too far and nicked the edge where they weren't supposed to. The newer ones (mainly the ones I've seen with china-hat purges) don't seem to have as many imperfections like that. I dig the imperfections. Like how mine has the gold stripe down the copper.

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1298345820' post='498776']
yep those are the calling cards of the og og tris, the normal purge cap and the gold stripe.
[/quote]

But Iain's has the straight purge, and his is fresh from Egypt. Really the purge could be swapped out anyway. But yeah, the gold stripe and the nicked edges from the engravings are clear indicators for sure. So yours has the gold stripe too?