Old Tobacco = Thin Wispy Smoke?

Hey all, I recently got some clearance tobacco from hookahset. It's the El Hennawy brand.

The taste on it has been decent but I'm not getting the good clouds I get from Nakhla and others.
The date on the tobacco is 05/2007, but it still smells decent enough and is still juicy.
Could it be that I need to acclimate it? Will that help the clouds? It is unwashed so I was thinking that could be it.
Any other tips? thanks.

I wouldn't be too concerned with the date that is on the packaging. I mean sure, that may lead you to think that it is old, but in all honesty it's been in it's original packaging so you should be good. I mean technically, shisha should have a shelf life of 2 years, but I believe that's after opening. But besides all that, like Chris said, heat management is key. It could be wetter than what you are used to [You said Nakhla, which is generally not as moist as some other brands]. If you post how you are currently operating heat management, we could give you better pointers. Good luck!

If i recall the heat was about the same as Nakhla, if you are getting whispy smoke try a little more heat in small increments.
And airing it out will only effect the flavour, not the smoke. But you are correct, being unwashed airing it out will help.

I had much better success today, I used my large shallow egyptian that I got with my temsaah and put on three CHs and used my windcover liberally. El Hennawy definitely can take a lot of heat, more than Nakhla. Got decent clouds this time. Thanks for the tips.