Official Hookahforum Pun Thread

TheyCallMeDave

[quote name='Dr. B' timestamp='1296856578' post='496793']
re: toeless guy: I bet he couldn't stand to see his friend abandon him.
[/quote]

Doesn't matter, he was falling for the oldest trick in the book

I was talking to a guy who was boasting about the large tax return he had coming to him. I told him he was doing it wrong if it was the result of withholding and not refundable credits that he had so much money coming back to him. He insisted that it was nice to have a chunk of cash coming to him to which I replied that the money was being loaned tax-free to the government. He insisted that the interest that would accrue on the $1,500 he had coming back to him was negligible. I told him that I wasn't convinced it would be negligible and that he was neglecting the sum of money upon which the taxes were levied as a source of loanable funds by which to accrue interest.

In short, I told him, even if the interest earned did end up being immaterial, the principle was worth his consideration...

[quote name='Dr. B' timestamp='1297110104' post='497105']
I was talking to a guy who was boasting about the large tax return he had coming to him. I told him he was doing it wrong if it was the result of withholding and not refundable credits that he had so much money coming back to him. He insisted that it was nice to have a chunk of cash coming to him to which I replied that the money was being loaned tax-free to the government. He insisted that the interest that would accrue on the $1,500 he had coming back to him was negligible. I told him that I wasn't convinced it would be negligible and that he was neglecting the sum of money upon which the taxes were levied as a source of loanable funds by which to accrue interest.

In short, I told him, even if the interest earned did end up being immaterial, the principle was worth his consideration...
[/quote]

That's quite a capital situation. I THINK IT MADE FOR A WEALTHY CONVERSATION.

lol, wow the deficit of humor in that was paramount.

[quote name='kcK' timestamp='1297117648' post='497115']

That's quite a capital situation. I THINK IT MADE FOR A WEALTHY CONVERSATION.

lol, wow the deficit of humor in that was paramount.
[/quote]

AWESOME! I had to withhold my expertise in the matter and I did not feel the need to qualify myself. Restraint is difficult in these scenarios because tax advice always concerns the bigger picture, without exemption. I'll give the guy credit though, he was at least aware of his lack of control and was quick to state that deduction.

[quote name='Shattered44' timestamp='1297182598' post='497195']
There was a sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center that said 'Keep off the Grass'.
[/quote]

Never was a fan of how those places were built... The threshhold of the front door is too high! People would take one step forward to leave the institution, and they'd trip out!

• 1 year later...