Official Hookahforum Pun Thread

TheyCallMeDave

Alright, here's the low-down. Create puns, and post them here. They can be puns you thougth of or heard throughout your day, what have you. You get extra rep points if you can make a pun stringing off the pun before you. You can only post 3 puns for every 10 puns posted, unless the thread dies out, in which case, please revive it with another terrible pun.

So here we go. This should be pun.

Two cannibles are eating a clown. One looks up and asks the other "Hey, does this taste funny to you?"

Let the puns begin.

3 puns for every 10 posted? Is that to preserve the integrity of the thread?

I guess you wouldn't want the same people constantly looming around here and dominating the discussion... But what if I come up with a good string of puns? I'll play your game though, it could add and interesting spin to the thread. Edited by Dr. B

[font="Arial"][size="2"]One my punster boyfriend told me:[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]These friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So, the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to "persuade" them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop. Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]
[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]
[/size][/font]

I guess this includes Confucius Say:

Confucius say: Man who stands on toiled is high on pot.

Confucius say: Man who runs in front of cart gets tired.

Confucius say: Man who fights with wife all day gets no piece at night.

Confucius say: Only culture some people have is bacteria.

Confucius say: Secretaries are not permanent until screwed down on desk.

[quote name='Click' timestamp='1296709597' post='496637']
This is a headline I read on Egypt: Mubarak is in deNile.
[/quote]

Drowning in his sorrows.

[quote name='Dr. B' timestamp='1296714622' post='496641']
Can you blame him? The government deserted the people long ago...

It seems like malapropisms are fair game. Carry on
[/quote]

the government DESERTed the people of EGYPT

....Too soon.

Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him (oh, man, this is so bad, it's good) ... a super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and says, "Dam"!

You know you laughed.

And just incase....

This thread was created to make people laugh so some members posted ten different puns with their friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them smile. No pun in ten did...

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1296715056' post='496642']
[quote name='Dr. B' timestamp='1296714622' post='496641']
Can you blame him? The government deserted the people long ago...

It seems like malapropisms are fair game. Carry on
[/quote]

the government DESERTed the people of EGYPT

....Too soon.

Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him (oh, man, this is so bad, it's good) ... a super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
[/quote]

Yeah I am pretty sure Dr. B did that intentionally no need to dissect his threads looking for puns.

From mental floss:

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Two fishermen were in a boat by the lake, when one of them stood to catch a fish in a net. As he scooped up the carp, his wallet fell out of his back pocket. As the seemingly doomed billfold started to sink to the lake bottom, the carp slipped out of the net and swam after it, re-emerging with it on his nose.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]However, instead of returning it, he tossed it to one of his fish buddies, who balanced it on his nose. More of more of fish-buddies emerged from the water, and all of them played this strange game of keep-away with the man’s billfold.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]The first man watched, slackjawed. He said to the other “Have you ever seen anything like this before?”[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]The second man answered “Sure I have. Haven’t you heard of carp-to-carp walleting?”[/size][/font][/color]

[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='rahl071' timestamp='1296708588' post='496636']
I guess this includes Confucius Say:

Confucius say: Man who stands on toiled is high on pot.

Confucius say: Man who runs in front of cart gets tired.

Confucius say: Man who fights with wife all day gets no piece at night.

Confucius say: Only culture some people have is bacteria.

Confucius say: Secretaries are not permanent until screwed down on desk.
[/quote]

Confucius say: Man who go through airport doors sideways is going to Bangkok

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1296769179' post='496715']
Ever since my friend got all his toes amputated due to frostbite, I can't stand him anymore!

I think I might be lack-toes intolerant....
[/quote]

bad puns aren't punny

[quote name='Lucy Ford' timestamp='1296774472' post='496725']
[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1296769179' post='496715']
Ever since my friend got all his toes amputated due to frostbite, I can't stand him anymore!

I think I might be lack-toes intolerant....
[/quote]

bad puns aren't punny
[/quote]

Oh, stop pun-tificating. :P