Uk Tobacco

Hey, as you can probably see I'm new here, I've been following for the last few days just generally looking for better methods and the favourite coal and tobacco etc, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up where to buy Al Fakhr or Nakhla tobacco from the UK, preferably cheap and online?
Thanks
Aaron

Unfortunately, you pretty much can't buy it legally online in the UK, owing to the enforcement of tobacco tax laws. Basically a company wanting to import and sell it legally first has to be licensed as a tobacconist and then has to pay duty of £71 per kg on top of the price of the product, meaning that they'd be permitted to attempt to sell it at something like £120 per kg, or about three times the going black market price. What therefore happened was that the big shisha businesses were faced with the option of get licensed or go herbal, and they went herbal. One cannot blame them.

Of course, it's still sold under the counter by many of the shops that sell shisha supplies, it's still sold illicitly on eBay, often by asserting that what's being sold is the collectible packaging, and it is still illegally imported from abroad. You could do worse than to ask local shisha businesses; my local Middle Eastern grocery store has Nakhla, they just keep quiet about it. If you don't have any suitable local shops/cafes in which to ask locally, there are successful reports of people importing small amounts from a company in Tunisia that's not hard to find, and some users of this forum (not yet including me) have imported orders of a few kilos from select US retailers without problems. This, however, is never guaranteed.

I'm afraid I'm not going to give you a firm recommendation, other than buy local if you possibly can. Buying online from the UK is effectively not possible, buying from abroad is possible but (relatively speaking) expensive and risky. Finding those places that serve local communities that just carried on quietly is likely to be your best bet. I can point you to areas/places around London, but don't know Luton at all.

Al Fakher can be bought for around £13-£15 per 250KG, it depends where you are tbh.

Nak is harder to find, hardly anyone has it.

Im sure RJ will see this in the morning, he knows some guys who knows some guys who has some AF :P

I would recommend ordering from the US, big selection and decent pricing, the only thing to watch out for is customs, but you gotta risk it for a chocolate biscuit haha. www.hookahset.com --> Good price and good customer service.

[quote name='Cheng' timestamp='1296443237' post='496222']
Al Fakher can be bought for around £13-£15 per 250KG, it depends where you are tbh.
[/quote]

£10 here, when they have it, but people are trying to charge anything up to £30 for 250g online. I wouldn't pay more than £15. Kilos go for £40, any more is high.

[quote name='Cheng' timestamp='1296443237' post='496222']
Nak is harder to find, hardly anyone has it.
[/quote]

Nak seems to be what the Syrian, Iranian and Lebanese communities smoke (and therefore import) by choice. Nobody ever has a full range of flavours, but I find it easier to obtain (and more commonplace) than AF. My local shop seems to stock Nak for preference, same price, but currently carries AF two apple "because they didn't have any nakhla two apple". As usual, "one man's meat is another man's poison", I'm not going to say one is better than the other... but I would agree that it depends on where you are and who you're buying from.

Subjectively I prefer Nak, but, maybe I'm biased by the amount of it I've smoked...