Fumari Japanese Coals

Fumari.com Magic Coal

The box is black with white and gold writing.

Fumari makes great products and I'd only been able to find Easy Lite Japanese coals, so I went to Fumari. On the box, they do say "Made In Japan," which is a great sign. Indeed, I haven't been disappointed.

Ease of Lighting: Takes a bit of time and blowing to get all the silver off of even just one side. I typically have a pyrex dish of rubbing alcohol over which I roast the coals for a while, then blow to get everything going. Once you get the first couple up and running though, you can piggyback the coals and in about 3-5 minutes they're going pretty well. 6/10 just because duh, they're not quicklites.

Smell and Taste: Nada. No taste imparted. You'll never want quicklites touching your hookah again. 10/10

Longevity: Here's the problem. So far as I can tell, they make the shisha last a bit longer because I don't think they burn as hot. Whatever it is, I generally need to keep about 3 on at a time, and my smoking sessions last anywhere from 1-2 hours on one bowl. You go through a lot of these things at that rate. I can go through 20 individual coals (5 of the sticks) in a single bowl. I'm not sure if this is typical or not. Longevity: 8/10 because you will go through more coals but your bowl will last a lot longer.

Bottom line: Solid. No taste imparted, long bowls. Pain to light up, and you're gonna be piggybacking a lot, it is tough to get the heat right because sometimes smoke gets thin, and if you overcorrect, it is noxious. Other than that, amazing. Love em. 9/10 Edited by AngryWhiteBoy