Shishaco Natural Finger Coals

Brand: Shishaco

Ease of lighting: 4-5 minutes on an electric coil burner

Smell: None

Taste: I dont taste the coals...

Longevity: Two peices are great for an hour session... i love this brand

Ashing: Uniform ashing... Great!

Price: I think i got 25 of these in a box for $3... good deal

Heat: Prior to these i used 3kings quick lite... heat seems to be the same, these just last longer..

I'd give these a 9/10.

http://www.shishaco.net/ has more info on this, i got these from hookahhookah.com, i dont seem them sold at very many places... Edited by detroitmak

• 1 year later...
Shishaco Finger Coals

Ease of lighting: I light my coals on a gas stove which generally lights coals faster than my electric coil used to. These, however took an extra minute or two to light, instead of the usual 6-7 minutes it took about 8. I let the flames hit one side for about five minutes, then turned them over for another three. Easy enough to light, just surprised they took a little longer as they aren't even as thick as Exoticas.

Smell and taste: The coal smell you get when you are lighting any natural coals wasn't quite as strong as with Exoticas and Diamantes. There was no discernible taste from these coals during the hookah session.

Ash/Cohesion: The fingers snap easily into smaller chunks. There was much less ashing with them than with Exoticas or Diamantes. They ash quite easily with a gentle drop into the ashtray. They held their shape well, no explosions or sparks, only the smallest chunk broke in half during ashing towards the end of the session.

Longevity: These lasted a surprisingly long time. I had used one finger broken into three chunks. I set them on my Phunnel (full of a Mizo blend) and didn't move them for 35 minutes. At that point I ashed them, placed them back on the Phunnel, and set my wind cover over the bowl. I moved them around several times after this, ashing them occasionally to increase the heat. All in all, they kept my bowl hot and smoking well for an hour and fifteen minutes.

All in all, I thought these did surprisingly well. Squares are much safer to work with, always, but for what I paid for these (on sale for $3.75 a kilo), I'm VERY happy and SO glad I got four kilos.