Al Ajdad Natural Finger Coals

Al Ajdad

Shape: Triangular fingers..pretty nifty

Taste: None imparted into the flavor

Lightability: Take a blow torch and it takes a couple of minutes

Pros: Good shape, better than the round natural fingers
Cons: I'm not sure about other natural fingers, but I have to ash these about every 4 or 5 minutes because they ash so quickly..the ash is so dense that it can't give off enough heat through it to make good smoke

• 3 months later...
Al Ajdad Natural Finger Coals

Lighting Ease: Pretty easy to light. Threw them on a hot plate for about 5 minutes and they were very well lit. (Perhaps even "too lit" if you can get such a thing)

Smell: We were in a pretty small, well ventilated room, but I couldn't really smell anything at all when they were lighting

Taste: None whatsover that I could detect

Longevity: 2, 1" coals lasted for just about an hour

Misc.: Pretty cool looking triangular shape. They got a pretty thick coating of ash that I knocked off every 15 or so minutes

Overall: 9/10

A very excelent coal, but the thick ash that needed to be knocked off frequently was a little annoying, but it wasn't too bad.

• 1 month later...
Brand: Al-Ajdad

Ease of lighting: Takes about 5 minutes on stove

Smell: None

Taste: Tobacco tastes off, no real flavor and theirs an un pleasant chalky like texture to the smoke.

Longevity. Stay lit for a good while, ash is nice an uniform, but their few good qualites don't make up for their faults.

These are horrible coals 0/10.

Tried again, smaller holes two layers of foil same result. Bad coals. Did find a use for them though, I now use'em to light my japenese coals. Edited by dcrooksjr

• 1 month later...
Al-Adjad

Ease of lighting - 7 - electric coil range on high, about 5-10 min depending on size.

Smell - 3 - buttery...that's the only way I can describe it, they make the room smell like butter when you light them.

Heat - 8 - hottest coals I've ever used. It takes a good bit of rotation or it'll burn the shisha.

Taste - 8 - I don't know if its the burnt shisha or "butter", but its a bit wierd to me. Better than the chemical round ones, but not the best. Still, very good.

Longevity - 10 - longest lasting coals I've used. Good for about an hour, and hot throughout.

These are great coals to fall asleep to--since they're flat and triangular, you don't have to worry about them falling off. I do find the buttery taste iffy, but they do their job really well.

• 1 month later...
Al Ajdad Coals

These are triangle shaped finger coals. Very easy to break.

Lighting: I light these on my electric stove, its takes a little over 5 minutes for them to light

Smoking: The triangle shape means they don't roll around on top of the bowl, which is nice. It would be nice if each piece was a little smaller, it would make heat management easier for me. They do form lots of ash very quickly, I have to ash them constantly. But its worth it as these are not too expensive, break easily into the length I want, light quickly, and impart NO flavor to the tobacco. I highly recommend these coals.

• 1 month later...
Al-Ajdad coals

Came in a 1 kilo bag for a reasonable price... Maybe 6 dollars? I can't remember

Lit in around 5-10 minutes - When I've used it indoors via hotplate I didn't smell anything strange.

Doesn't seem to impart any strange taste to the smoke.

Lots of ash, which is kinda neat. Next time I use them I'm gonna put the ash in a container for incense or something.

Very good uniform heat, works great.

10/10, I love these coals, quicklites seem kinda gross these days to me because I've used these ones.

• 1 month later...
Nour/Al Ajdad finger coals

I really dislike these coals. They smell terrible when lighting them, ash really quickly, and put a terrible taste on the shisha. i will definelty not be buying these again

• 1 month later...
Al-Adjad Easy to Light

I got these in a 1 kilo bag (2.2 lbs?)

These coals are huge cylinder shapes or "logs" about 1" thick and somewhere around 6" long (I havn't measured them but thats pretty close). I don't mind that I have to break them into small pieces but its such a messy operation that it gets chunks of coal and dust everywhere. They must be broken apart over a sink or trash can. I have had success lighting them on an electric coil, it takes about 3-5 minutes and a good deal of rolling and rotating to get them to ash over evenly. There is a slight, musty, campfire, burning wood type of oder when they light, however, once they ash over the smell is gone and doesn't seem to affect the scent or taste of the hookah. These things burn hot and long! Several one inch pieces burn for well over an hour. Nice coals. 10 out of 10. Edited by hookah_hoop