Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
HookahDuck

!!!!!! Site update !!!!!

49 posts in this topic
[quote name='mushrat']OH NO! we've lost everything posted since before 5/06!![/quote]

fear not; we can still search back before then.  [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

also, HUGE thumbs-up to the fact that I'm still logged in with my username from when I logged in this morning at 7 am. don't have to re-log in twice each time I want to post

very nice! finally! however there is a bug in the profile section, when u want to update the date format it gives asp errors

EDIT BUTTON[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
!!! post 520 !!!

mmm...im not sure we can get to posts before january 2006....
Not that its that big a deal, we'll make more.....[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Oh and [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley11.gif[/img] (dead) looks more like "sick"....

*Love* the new forum

i hate to sound like a whiner,...but the light blue text is killin my eyes. being able to login on the first try was a nice surprise though.

I no can update profile/avatar/IQ. WTF mate?  

Its cool...i suspect Adrcok may still be getting the bugs work ed out...
I hope, none of us have any Mod abilities at the moment as well....

Give it a few days, it's gotten this far.....[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

Yes, my avatar came back, too!

Neat.. Can we please go back to the old forum and keep the edit??
This new one is terrable. One thing that sucks is no instant chat bix
to just shoot the sh*t with people and not have to message or PM

the admin guy (adrock or whatever he's called) says he's working on getting a chat setup for it - "patience is a virtue"

I think its safe to say that even if you ignore the addition of the edit feature, this system is much, much better.

i think the pagination should be changed to 20 replies per page, 40 is way to much excercise for my scrolling finger.

by the way, you can now access stuff from like 2004, make sure you have it set to view topics from anytime, not just past 6 months.

I like the look and the ease of use alot better :D  Hmmmm... maybe some skinz in the near future?  

Oh yeah, would be nice if I was able to update my profile too without getting errors :P

I would rather have seen the old forum touched up a bit and have a
edit. This one is just too new and strange. You cant even put faces on
US is 255?

Like Adrock mentioned in his forum update post, he is still in the
process of working out kinks. He will be addressing the country code
thing, the profile problem, and hopefully the moderator powers ^_^

The new blue color scheme is a bit of a change for me as well, but the +'s outweigh the -'s quite a bit for me.

The login issues won me over in an instant, and the added perks of
being able to edit like a normal forum just sweetend the deal.

Rock on Adrock, well done

Edit buttons are going to be bad...I'm in favour of the 5 minute timer or no button at all...
We saw what happened long ago whe certain people where able to make inflammitory posts dissapear, leaving confusion and non-sequitors in their wake. If you don't want to post something, don'tr hit the button. If you want to double check your post, hit the preview post button, but don't make it possible to say soemthing and then pretne tit was never said...

My .02.

Yeah, like that message I was exchanging with Mr. Guy, I made some innuendoes and then changed my messages slightly to hide that I had started them. I did it to demonstrate the point, of course!I don't know that much about forums, but an hour or two with a record accessible to the moderators seems to be reasonable.