Belgian Quicklight Coals

quickbyname

"belgian charcoal instant lites" thats their brand name
Here is their website www.belgiancharcoal.com
I got the 40mm ones because i 33 split in 3 is just no enough

Price 8/10: i got them for 50cyp cents which is about $1.10 per roll

Lighting up 10/10 : They need about 1 min to completely light up without the use of a torch. It takes me 20 secs with a torch. They light up completely without the need of a torch though. While lighting up they produce a very little amount of smoke which has a light scent (still unpleasent ).

Smell: 9/10 the only have the light smell while lighting up. when fully lit there is no noticable smell

Taste: 9/10 A bit if you cant wait for them be be red hot. But still cant reach the quality of naturals

Length : 10/10 Each tablet usually lasts 1 hour with 2 people smoking (not aggresivly). These are the longest lasting QL i ever tried.

Ash :10/10 The ash stays on the coal until you knock it off which is perfect for indoor smokers like me.

Overal : I ll have to give it a 9 for smell and taste which are the most important IMO. If i gave those a 10 i;d have to give naturals a 12 Edited by everydayshisha

My wife and i baught shisha from SocialSmoke.com along with some 3-kings coals. they called us and said that they no longer carry 3-kings and that they could substitute the Belgian coals that they now carry. they said that it was the "same as 3-Kings" and that it was "popular in europe." We agreed, so they hooked us up with a free 100g of SB Honey-Berry.

Belgian Coals gave me massive headahces from the moment i started using them! my friends all got headahces from them, too. i had horrible headaches that would last half the day and tylenol would not help at all! i didn't think it was the coals, because everything i read on this forum said that "oh you should drink water and eat something while you smoke." i tried that. i also took long breaths in between puffs. i'd take breaks. but after only two coals (one coal at a time), i'd get a headache from hell. i use naturals now, and i get the thickest smoke, i'll smoke all day without water without breaks, without a lot of food and i get no headahces at all. IT'S THE COALS! belgian coals are okay for incense, but that's it!

Headaches have been PROVEN using many differnet people and different batches of coals on several occasions. The official Belgian Charcoal discussion thread tells the whole story. if you have Belgian coals or are thinking about getting them, then PLEASE READ THIS THREAD:
http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?showtopic=16701

on a good note, though: the ash is more fine than 3-Kings, they burn hotter and more evenly than 3-Kings. They also are very solid and hard to break when dropped (unlike 3-Kings), but when they are fully lit,they become brittle, allowing you to break it apart while on top of the bowl, if you like to do that. however, this means that if you want to take the coal off, it might break apart and slip out of your tongs, burning the carpet so be careful. Also, you have to wait until the coal is fully lit before you start smoking it down, or else you get the weird taste. if you wait long enough, then you get no bad taste (in that amount of time, you could've heated up a natural).

2 out of 10 (from 1 to 10. they ash good, but the headahces that they give make it unsmokable.)

-this review is for the 33mm Belgian Charcoal ONLY. some say that the 40mm Belgian does not give headahces and some say they do. - Edited by Dom

• 4 months later...
Kaervek from the bay here reporting on 40mm Belgian Quicklite Charcoals. Despite rumors or what others may think about these coals I purchased a case of them (like a headache? made me afraid to try it from what I heard but it's BS... these coals don't give any headache at all, less than goldens, 3 kings, or japs for me). They're that great, I love them that much. If you don't believe me message me, I'll tell you whats up.

Ease of light: Super easy, probably because they're drenched in quicklite fluid, but the taste of it doesnt seep through later. It would be not fun to light these with a bic lighter, but that's never a problem for me. 8/10 However:

Smell: When lighting em up it smells like hell. The worst I have ever smelled from quicklites, and it lingers for a while too. 1/10 - However: (again)

Taste: NO QUICKLITE TASTE AT ALL! YES! Finally a quicklite that tastes like natural. However, it still tastes, but I like my shisha to taste like it has a real, genuine, non-chemical drenched coal on it. Even though it's probably laced with chemicals it tastes like it's not. It still tastes though, so I have to give it a 9/10.

Ash: The ash from these things are superfine. Like what a coal should actually be like. They are HUGE coals though, so they make a lot of ash. I don't really know how to rate ash, but if I have to give it a rating I guess it would be 10/10, never seen coals with finer ash.

Time Lasting: They don't last that long, unfortunately. What I found was best for any bowl was to break the coals in half prior to lighting, so they warm the shisha better, but you don't have to. I use 1 coal at the begining of the bowl, and start another one halfway through, again broken in half. The coals last about 45-60 minutes. They also begin to shatter if you break them in half like I do maybe 30 minutes through.Not too long. You think they would last longer by how big they are. 7.5/10.

Overall: The fact these coals don't give a citrus-like aftertaste or lingering headache like 3 Kings or Goldens makes up for the fact that they don't last as long as others and they smell real bad when you light em up. They taste cool though and they ash fine. I'm always gonna use these coals, they're great. 9/10

• 7 months later...
Belgian 40mm - 10/10 overall

They last around an hour consistently, and if you break them up at the right time, they can cover an entire hookah session for up to an hour and a half. I am sometimes done before the coals are =) As far as taste and smell, they are pretty good. A lot depends on how you set up the bowl and whatnot but these outrank every other coal I have tried

sinbad triangular coals - 4/10 overall

These light incredibly fast and even have a cool flame when being lit sometimes! however they cool down fast and don't really do much after 10-15 minutes... In addition they are almost impossible to break up and clear the covering ash so getting extra time out of your session is very hard. Definitely would not recommend

• 2 years later...
Belgian is what I have right now. I think I used japanese once but can't remember if I liked or not.... I just posted a new thread a bit ago about my headaches. I wonder if it's these belgians that are doing it, or may be at least partially responsible? I have a head STILL. I smoked last evening 2 x, from like 630-7:45 and then from midnight or so for an hour... I'm heading downtown to find some coco's. Or order them.

Thanks for your help.