Starlight Quicklight Coals

Starlites

Light quick. Burn hot. Smell upon lighting but after lit, no smell or odor (I wait until it has completely lit until I put it on top of bowl.) You can light with any lighter easily, but if you let it heat up on a stove for a minute or two I find that I can usually get smoke coming from my hookah in less than 3 hits.

I prefer these over the 3 kings. I used 3kings for a week last week, and I missed the Starlites very bad.

• 5 weeks later...
Starlight Coals

Got these with my purchase of a hookah at a local lounge, and I have to say I'm not impressed at all. I've used two different types of quicklites, the kind that light like normal and the kind that seem to explode. These explode. I was lighting them with a lighter outside over a table and now there are small holes in the table, luckly it was an old sidetable in the garage that I just pulled out. Anyways, while they do light quickly the smell is horrible and they don't stay lit for too long, probably 30mins if I'm lucky. As I'm moving back home in the next two weeks (going back to Texas from Chicago) I'll be ditching these coals for our preference at my place - 3K + propane torch. Never had any better then that!

• 2 months later...
Starlight Quicklight Coals

Duration: About 15-30 Minutes each sad.gif

Ease of lighting: VERY easy! All you need is a lighter and within seconds, it sparks up!

Smell: a VERY strong gunpowder smell when you light it and when it sparks. But after that, there is no noticeable smell.

Ashes: LOTS of ashes! I had to ash them every five minutes or so. Not only that, you must be careful when you ash them because they tend to break easily into little pieces blink.gif

Taste: no taste at all! All I could taste was the tobacco smile.gif

Overall (?/10) 8/10 The only thing that bugs me is that these quicklights tend to break apart easily and you must ash them a lot. Not only that, they don't last long. Other than that, they are great quicklights and they were really cheap! A box of them were only $5 at this store near my house called Arax. Not only that, they don't interfere with the taste at all and it doesn't burn the tobacco. Edited by JillyIsJustKidding

• 1 month later...
Starlight Quicklight

Ive used a whole box of these, so i know them well

Duration: Anywhere from 30-40 minutes of smoke time

Ease of Lighting: Pretty easy, with a bic it takes a couple seconds for it to get going, andm aybe 30 sec for it to be red hot. Somehat easier to start than 3 kings.

Smell/taste: smell is same as all quicklites, avoid until fully lit. They impart a very minor taste to the smoke, but no more than 3 kings.

Heat: Seem to burn slightly cooler than 3 Kings, but only slightly, still hot enough

Overall: 8/10 I would buy these coals again. Frankly I have had no problem with these at all, and they are a good dealer cheaper than 3 kings.

Edit: Ash: Does create slightly more ash than most quicklites, but not excessive amounts Edited by shoulinmonk

• 3 weeks later...
Starlite Quicklighting coals.

They light quickly and easily and take around 30 seconds to get the entire coal going. They release a ton of smoke when they are starting up and with that smoke comes a terrible gunpowder smell that lingers for a long long time. They will leave your room smelling like spent fireworks for a few hours. There are also lots of sparks when they are first lit and some of those sparks have a tendency to "jump" pretty far from the coal.

Once the coals were glowing I did not notice any smell or taste from them, just the shisha. They make lots of ash and all of mine lasted around 45 minutes to an hour.

They get the job done.