Dodo Quicklight Coals

LuxOR541

Dodo Brand Quicklights

I got a sample of these from tony's Hookah shop in Beaverton Oregon. They are probably around 37-38 mm, right between the 33 and 40 mm in size. they are $18 a box of 100.

They seemed to light fairly quickly, but needed more "assistance" once the lighting agent has burned off. A little disappointing, but not bad.

The heat seemed appropriate for brands like al waha, al amir, romman or layalina, but would probably be too much for Al fakher or starbuzz when used singly.

Taste was minimally affected, similar to 3 kings. More effect than Japanese easy-lites, but of course that's a whole nother ball game.

Duration was about 45 minutes smoking solo using a windcover about 50% of the time.

Overall about a 7 out of 10. If these were all I had available I would not hesitate to use them. I still prefer 3 kings of japanese easy lites, but these are a fairly good alternative.

Nick

• 8 months later...
Dodo brand quicklights

got a roll of 10 at a local shop because it was all they had.

duration: 45 -60min

ease of lighting: quick light coating has something to be desired. i found that after it stoped sparking it needed little help getting red, i used a propane torch to heat it up quickly.

smell: has a fairly strong gunpowder/firework shell until it has heated through and developed a coat of grey ash.

taste: bairly noticeable if you wait till the quicklight coating has burned off and it starts to ash. if you cant wait it will have a coal flavor and probably give you a pounding headache for an hour or so.

ash: fine grey powder and theres a lot of it and it can be messy. the coals stay together realy well though, you can drop then on the tray to ash and they will stay together.

all in all i would say these are fairly good coals if theres nothing eles around. though i just got my hookah up and running and have yet to try anything else on my own i have smoked with better coals. i would give them 7/10

• 5 months later...
Dodo Self Lighting Coals 40mm

coal life : 20 mins

smell: Dodo when im liteing lol nothing whn smoking

Heat: sucks

Ash: Fine little Ash all over ash them by gentaly tapping them on the metal pan under the bowl...

They can lite but u have to blow or wave them around to get them going.. Not good cause the coals are so fine they break . thats what i hate most they break to fast with slit movements Booo for Dodo

Over all : Nasty coals i will never buy them . ill stick to my Golden coals.. gold pack biggrin.gif Edited by Saechao_07

• 10 months later...
Being a newbie I first bought Dodo's "Golden Charchoal" and they lit easily and burned for quite awhile, compared to the ones I just bought (and then EXCHANGED at Cafe Istanbul-great guys there). The AWFUL ones I exchanged are called "Holland" and they are tiny, take forever to get white and then once they're white they only last a few minutes. Tiny and terrible. Don't waste your money! The Dodo brand were much better.

I'm gonna try Coconara's now!