Starbuzz Natural Lump Coals

chinamon

Starbuzz Natural Coals

Ease of Lighting - im used to using 3kings so these are considered a bitch for me but it takes only about 3 minutes with a propane torch to get them going.

Smell - when in the process of lighting there is a definite coal smell but once they are burning hot, no smell whatsoever.

Taste - i made the mistake of pulling through the hose when the coal still had black patches on it so it tasted like crap. once the coal was totally hot there was no noticable flavour.

Heat - decent heat. i use about one and a half pieces (a full piece being about 1.5" long and about 3/4" in diameter.

Ash - very fine ash. make sure there is no wind/breeze around. im sitting in my garage so its okay.

Longevity - each piece burns for about 30-40 minutes or so. ive had better times with quick lights.

Price - not bad. $8 on PYH.

Size Consistency - i havent dug through the whole box but all the piece at the top are good enough to use

Overall - if i always have the time and tools necessary to use natural coals then i probably would. its just that im always on the go so i need to stick with the a simple method like 3king. i love how i can get a full taste of the tobacco with these coals. i will definitely keep some around for the special occasions.