Oman Natural Olivewood Lump Coals

azcoyote

OMAN NATURAL OLIVEWOOD COALS

My first go at natural coals. Lumps and small branches in a kilo bag. Not too hard to break up to useful size, but messy. I have used mainly diamante chinese jap style and formed fingers. These are good, and easy to use, but the flavors came though much better with olivewood coals. So far have used them with Tangiers Lemon Blossom and Liquorice. They are on par or better than the best true jap coals and coconut coals. Amazing.

I used three to four lumps about the size of an unshelled hazelnut on a medium funnel bowl. They may burn out a bit faster than formed products, ashes are white. A propane torch causes extreme sparking, so a low gas flame on your stove would likely be better. Allow five minutes or so to get really on fire. I will try lighting them on sterno stove and let you know.

Very pleased with these coals. Need more careful management than jap style or fingers, but the payoff in clean flavors makes it worth the extra effort for the true shisha connoisseur. tongue.gif

EDIT: Some pieces are impossible to light even with a torch, or they go out. Guess I'll be doing some hi-class barbecue this summer. Kabobs anyone? Then smoke hookah using the half burned coals. Next time I get something easier to use.