Tom Cococha Natural Coconut Coals

mohinder

Tom Cococha Yellow Label

Shape: Squareish, look like Cocos and CHs. I haven't used either of those but have some CHs in the post. Look about the same size from what I've seen, maybe a touch bigger. Picture below.

Lighting: Took a fair while, maybe 8-9 minutes over a gas hob. (open fire)

Odor: Didn't smell anything in particular, I did have the extractor fan going but didn't smell anything.

Taste: None whatsoever.

Heat: Good, easy to manage. Only had troubles when I experimented with three on my vortex which is to be expected.

Duration: Just over an hour this time, with the help of a windcover for the last few minutes. By adding a third (that had been sat on the tray shrinking at a similar rate to the others) it could have gone probably another 20 minutes. I'm very impressed compared to my Abo Alabed (Nours), which were utter toilet in this regard.

Ash: Not a lot at all. Picture below of the remains of three cubes.

Cost: Excellent. I paid £10 for 3 kilos, £15 delivered. That's £5 a kilo, which is what, $7.50 or so at the moment? Delivered? Suits me!

Overall Rating: 9/10. Only haven't given a 10 because I figure nothing's perfect. I can't yet think of any way these could be better, although I've only smoked with them once. I will definitely be buying these again.

One Cococha on a Vortex Bowl.

3kilo package next to my crash helmet for size reference. Lots of coal biggrin.gif

The remnants of three cubes. Very impressed by this, especially in comparison to Abo Alabeds/Nours. The black stuff is just where I crunched up the dying cubes to get rid of them. Edited by mohinder

• 3 years later...