CH Natural Coconut Coals

Prince of hooka

Chron Hookah Natural charcoal

set up: 33" KM with Razan hose and a large egyption clay bowl filled with Mizo grape

lighting: i lite them on the stove they take about 8 mins to light them up fully

odor: slight odor when lighting but no residual odor

taste: 10/10 no taste at all

duration: lasted about 35-45mins of chain smoking after

placement: 3 coals on a Large Egyption clay bowl

ash: little bit of ash and you dont have to keep flipping them over like coco nara

ashing: they ash I just dont touch them as i smokes great
overall rating 10/10 i highly recommend this product if you like coco nara you will love these and they are much cheaper a box comes with approximately 138 peices for 13.99 highly recommend.

• 3 weeks later...
CH Natural Coconut Coals

Smell
:No smell when I opened the box. There is a smell when I was lighting them

Ease of Lighting - They take about 8-10 minutes to get fully let

Heat - These give off a lot of heat. The give off more than Starlight. Made my heat management a bit tricky with these

Flavor
No noticeable flavor imparted onto the shisha.

Ash - The ash is like a grainy sand
Long lasting : The last around 30-40 minutes

Price - box of 132 for $13.95

Bottom Line - 8/10. I thought these were going to be better than the Starlight coals based upon what everybody had been saying. I think I'm going to have to give the nod to Starlights though. These take longer to light and they give off more heat. I use 3 on my jet glass bowl and glass screen and that is too much but if I take one off it's not enough heat. I also have to flip them more that Starlights because the bottom tends to go out and I really didn't have to do that that much with starlights. I'm going to try 2 coals with a windcover to see if that makes any difference. Edited by OC4111

• 5 weeks later...
CH natural coals

Shape- Standard square coco shape, similar to coco's, but a little bigger I do believe. Good quantity

Lighting: A little longer then some, around the same time as coco's if memory serves me correctly

Odor: ugh....nasty nasty nasty, first natural coals I have had that actually put off noticeable smoke. Campfire galore.

Taste: None at all

Heat: Kinda hot, but not to bad

Duration: An hour for me at least.

Ash: Dont ash to much at all, and it doesnt fall off the coal to easily either

Overall Rating 9/10. I like these coals. Even though they smell like death when lighting, they work really well. The best part is their longevity. They dont have a taste and provide just the right amount of heat for me. I recommend them highly.

• 10 months later...
CH Coconut Coals

Appearence: Coals come in neat little cubes, just like Coco naras.

Lighting: They take about the same amount of time as coconaras do (about 5-7 minutes total. I used an electric flat panel stove to light them.

Odor: strong when lighting. If the smell is too harsh, then it's best to light these outside.

Taste: nothing at all

Duration: about 45 minutes

Placement: 3 on an egyptian bowl

Ash: very little ash output. I think these ash less than coconaras.

Unlike Coconaras, I haven't had any of these crumble on me. These coals stay together and only start to crumble when I pick them up with my tongs. The only thing that comes off of them is ash, which is a very thin layer.

The only drawback with these coals is the initial smell I get when I light them. The smell will linger for a little while, but other than that, these coals will give coconaras a run for the money. Like coconaras, there is absolutely no taste with these coals, and I want to say that these coals are slightly neater than coconaras.

Between coconaras and this brand, I'll make my choice based on whether I wanted to deal with the smell or not. I'll give these coals a 8/10 rating. If they didn't smell, then they'd have a higher rating .

• 3 months later...
[size="5"]CH Natural Coals

[/size][size="2"]Apperance: Good size cubes of black charcol, clean sharp edges. Almost no dust when I opened the box, fingers pretty clean after handling them.

Lighting Time: I didn't time it but it was less than 10 minutes outside on a single coil.

Smell: Nothing, I didn't really notice anything. But I was smoking outside on a breezy day soo...

Taste: Nope, Zip, Nada

Length: I didn't time it but maybe 45 minutes to an hour?

Ash: Very Very little. Also, super easy to ash! I'd just drop them on to my tray and bam they were ashed. No shaving and knocking on the tray numerous times. Super simple.

Price: I got a 120 piece box in trades for $10. So very good deal there, about 8 cents per coal.

Overall Rating: 10/10 I haven't had better coals than this really. Good price, clean, durable (Didn't crack or shatter when I dropped them), odorless and tasteless. I'll be getting these from now on.[/size] Edited by bellydancerakn

• 2 months later...
CH Coconut Natural Coals

Lighting: Coil burner or stove. 7 minutes on one side, flip, another 7 minutes.

Odor: God these fuckers stink.

Taste: Yep, you taste 'em while you're smoking, but not too bad.

Duration: About 30-45 minutes.

Ash: I hate the way these ash. They even ash all over the stove. Big fluffy ash that likes to stick to the coals.

Rating: 5/10. They're okay, but I'd rather use the Starlights or AFs or CCNs. The way these ash and have to be constantly moved to get you any smoke just pisses me off and takes too much effort. All three of the coals I mentioned I can just leave sitting there and never touch, but CHs have to be moved. Not cool. For that, the way they ash, the price, and the duration, they're the last coal I use. I still have 1/3 of a box left, but they're the reserve for when I run out of everything else.

[color="#ff0000"][size="3"][b]CH Natural Coconut Coals
[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Average Coal Size:[/b] 2.6cm x2.6cm x1.6cm
[b]Average Coal Weight:[/b] 8.8g
[b]Smoking Temperature Peak:[/b] 626.7˚F

[b]Packaging:[/b] Thick Cardboard Box, all the coals are wrapped in very thin plastic, taped shut.
[b]Size Consistency:[/b] Near Perfect.
[b]Cutting Ease: [/b]Almost effortless when cutting.
[b]Cutting Strength:[/b] A lot of ash, a little breakage, jagged cuts.

[b]Lighting Time:[/b] when lighting at 4 minutes; done at 6:10 minutes. Coals sparked when flipping.
[b]Smell During Lighting:[/b] Just awful. Smells like something from my days in the oil field.
[b]Smell During Smoking:[/b] Little smell, but not much, disappeared after 10 minutes or so

[b]Taste:[/b] There is slight taste, but less than compared to the best quicklights.
[b]Ash: [/b]Stone Gray. Ash stays in place with the coals.
[b]Longevity:[/b] Lasted 59 minutes before the coals became too small to smoke well.
[b]Heat Management: [/b]Flipped at 20 minutes. Windcover at 30 minutes. Flipped at 40 minutes. All in all pretty effortless.

[b]Purchased From: [/b]HookahJohn.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 8/10 This are great coals. The slight taste isn't much deal with as it goes away. But the smell is so off putting. I can't light these inside until my wife goes to bed. She gets mad at for the smell.

• 1 year later...
Chronic Hookah Coals (Yay We Can Say Things Like Chronic Now B) )

[b]Average Coal Size:[/b] 2.6cm x2.6cm x1.6cm
[b]Average Coal Weight:[/b] 8.8g
[b]Smoking Temperature Peak:[/b] 626.7˚F

[b]Packaging:[/b] Cardboard Box, Packaged in Stacks of Square Coals all wrapped neatly into plastic and taped shut.
[b]Size Consistency:[/b] All squares, some variance in size as of my last 2 boxes of these things, but always around the same and great for my phunnel bowl

[b]Lighting Time:[/b] Lit on a standard coil stove the coals took roughly 7-8 minutes, flipping at around 6 minutes in to finish lighting the other end.
[b]Smell During Lighting:[/b] Pretty much smells like old cooking oil, or a burnt plastic. Not exactly the most pleasant of smells, but I usually pop the fan on and open the window to deal. The smell does not linger after lighting.
[b]Smell During Smoking:[/b] Did not find any noticeable smell personally.

[b]Taste:[/b] Very minor taste on the first few puffs. Unnoticeable afterwards and during the session.
[b]Ash: [/b]Gray ash, easy to remove from the coals upon a drop into the tray. Easy as well to clean off of the top of the bowl with its fine grain consistency.
[b]Longevity:[/b] On average I these coals have ran 40-50 minutes for myself, consistent use (no down time between pulls), and ashing religiously when needed.
[b]Heat Management: [/b]Tend to put three on the small phunnel bowl, rotation is every 10 minutes or so, flipping the coals when needed.

[b]Purchased From: [/b]HookahJohn.com, ebay.com, and hookah-shisha.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 9/10 The coals are easily comparable to the coconaras I've tried. Not much smell during the session, but I do agree that during lighting the smell is near unbearable. Coals are easy to manage, and cheap in price (gotten them as low as $10 a box w. shipping) Great coals, I recommend you try them!