Al Fakher Natural Coconut Coals

Arcane

Al Fakher Coconut Coals

Lighting: coil burner. about 5-6 minutes to get them fully lit.

Odor: a campfire smell when being lit, none when fully lit.

Taste: a tiny tiiiiny bit, maybe...

Duration: shitty compared to coconaras...maybe 30-35 minutes.

Ash: similar to coconaras, but more of it.

Rating: 8/10 - for the price, these are pretty good coals in my opinion. the quality is a bit shakey though. small chips come off when i ash the coals and an occasional small spark appears when i inhale. overall, i would definitely buy these coals again...

• 6 months later...
[size="5"]Al Fakher Natural Coals

[/size][size="2"]Apperance: About the same size as CH, but very jagged edges and pretty porous. Also, there is some sparkly stuff on them, like glitter. Very dusty when I opened the box and handled them. Just touching them right now, my fingers are black with soot.

Lighting Time: I didn't time it but it was less than 10 minutes outside on a single coil.

Smell: Faint aroma of burning charcol at first but nothing after that

Taste: Nope, Zip, Nada

Length: Maybe 30 minutes? Less than I though it would be. I've had quicklites that lasted longer than that.

Ash: Pretty easy to ash, less ash than quicklites and more than CH. They also crack and shatter pretty easily.

Price: 60 piece box for $6, so 10cents per coal.

Overall Rating: 6/10. They're okay. But just looking at them you can tell they are lower quality. If I had no coals I'd use these but I don't think I'll be buying them again.[/size] Edited by bellydancerakn

• 2 months later...
Al Fakher Coconut Coals

Lighting: Coil burner or stove. I do 6 minutes, flip, then another 6 and they're ready.

Odor: Definitely an odor, but nothing too bad.

Taste: I can taste these a bit while smoking, but it's not bad at all.

Duration: I've gotten them to go 45 minutes, tops.

Ash: Similar to CCNs, but these seem to ash a lot more.

Rating: 9/10. These are really good coals, but they're inconsistent. I had a box of them from HJ a year ago and I was less than impressed. Then I got some at my local shop that were shit. Then Jay (Arcane) sent me some that were amazing. So consistency is the issue with these, but damn when they're good they're good. Also, not to mention that they're never shaped right, but who cares?

[color="#FF0000"][size="3"][b]Al Fakher Coconut Coals
[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Average Coal Size:[/b] 2.8cm x 2.8cm x 1.6cm
[b]Average Coal Weight:[/b] 11g
[b]Smoking Temperature Peak:[/b] 402.8˚F

[b]Packaging:[/b] Thin Cardboard Box, all the coals are wrapped in a thick plastic and taped shut.
[b]Size Consistency:[/b] Very inconsistent, very non uniform with lots of nicks and divots. Contains brown specs throughout the coals
[b]Cutting Ease: [/b]A little force is needed to cut them.
[b]Cutting Strength:[/b] Very little ash hard to get a straight cut.

[b]Lighting Time:[/b] Flipped when lighting at 4:30 minutes; done at 7:20 minutes. Coals sent floating sparks when flipping.
[b]Smell During Lighting:[/b] Smells like quicklights when lighting.
[b]Smell During Smoking:[/b] There is slight smell throughout the session.

[b]Taste:[/b] You know for a coconut coal it has a very coal taste.
[b]Ash: [/b]Marble Gray with greenish tint. Ash falls all over the bowl.
[b]Longevity:[/b] Lasted 61 minutes before the coals became too small to smoke well.
[b]Heat Management: [/b]Flipped at 17 minutes. Flipped at 28 minutes. Windcover at 35 minutes. A little work.

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 6/10 This are okay coals. Better than quicklights but these are the last coconut coals I would pick up to date if I needed coals.

• 1 year later...
[b][size="4"]Al Fakher Coconut Coals[/size]

[/b][b]Price/Amount/Packaging[/b]
I got these in a trade from chris for free, so I didn't actually buy them, or get them in original packaging. However, buying them new will cost about 15-18 dollars online (two boxes of 60 pcs. at 8-9 dollars each). They come in a thin carboard package, wrapped in plastic. Okay packaging, nothing too well done, but not crap.

[b]Size/Consistancy/Quality[/b]
They all contain the basic shape of the rectangular "flat" pieces. These coals have basically the same weight, texture and density as coconara coals. However, these coals are oddly cut. No two are alike, very mishapen, some with broken corners, etc. They seem like regular decent quality coconut coals.

[b]Lighting: Oder/Time taken/Ease of Lighting
[/b]Lighting takes about 5-6 minutes on each side to be red hot. They have a smell, similar to coconaras. A clean burning campfire. The smell quickly dissipates after full lighting. They aren't any harder to light on any other coconut coals. I wish they lit a little quicker, but a few minutes difference isn't anything to bother about. Standard lighting, nothing complicated or difficult.

[b]Heat Output/Coal longengevity/Overall Effeciency of Coal
[/b]These coals put out heat, but not nearly enough for my liking. Definantly less than other coals I've used. They get the job done, but I had hoped they burned a little hotter than they do. Although the heat isn't perfect, they do last quite a long time. The coal size shrinks quickly, but about half way through the session, the ashing lessens and the coal retains it's shape for an astonishingly long time. The coals last a good amount of time, maybe a little less than coconaras. Overall, they put off not as much heat as expected, but last a long time and work well enough for the job. My biggest issue with these coals are the fact that if you are using a phunnel, a large amount of ash/sparks shoot down the spire, gunking it up.

[b]Taste/Odor During Session
[/b]There is absolutely no smell on these coals while smoking. There is a slight taste on them, but not much.

[b]Overall Thoughts/Rating
[/b]Overall, I'm impressed with these coals. Going into this, I figured they were going to be mediocre and not worth smoking. However, they weren't bad at all! The only thing that doesn't make them great coals is that they don't have one area without a single problem. Every aspect of this coal has a slight tic making it imperfect, which will bother some people. If you can get these cheaper than coconaras, these are maybe worth keeping as a staple coal. Although, for the price, a coal that has a slight taste, inconsistancy in size and shape, low heat output and an ashing problem, they aren't a premium coal and won't be replacing my coconaras.

[b]Minor issues in every aspect of the coal, but the coal is still much better than other coconut coals, and worth trying. Second best coconut coals I've tried to date next to CocoNaras - 8.5/10[/b]

• 9 months later...
[b]Average Coal Size:[/b] Similar to CCN, but each one was different
[b]Average Coal Weight:[/b] Ibid

[b]Packaging:[/b] Thin Cardboard Box, all the coals are wrapped in a thick plastic and taped shut.
[b]Size Consistency:[/b] Each one was different. The general shape was a rectangle, but each one was cut differently

[b]Lighting Time:[/b] About 5 minutes per side on a single coil
[b]Smell During Lighting: [/b]A very slight smell, nothing annoying
[b]Smell During Smoking: [/b]No smell

[b]Taste:[/b] Did not impart a taste at all
[b]Ash: [/b]Grey
[b]Longevity:[/b] Each one lasted about an hour. Not too bad
[b]Heat Management: [/b]First ashed at 15 minutes. Second ash at 30 minutes. Last ash at 45 minutes

[b]Purchased From: [/b]A local lounge

[b]Overall:[/b] 8/10. Honestly, these are good coals. Sure, they may have weird shapes, but, hey, they smoke great. If anything, it gives each one a personality. I recommend them