Teach An Old Dog, New Tricks

Hey fellow hookahheads, been gone on a longgggg hiatus as some of you might remember; sold off both my hookahs and am considering getting back into to the wonderful world of billowy clouds. I used to have a no-namer and then a mya qt and after doing some research I see there is a newcomer in the world: the nammor? I remember the hoses being king but I am wondering if their hookahs are up to the same caliber. Are these bad boys on par with a KM?

Also, can someone tell me if a KM or even Nammor would be easier to clean than the QT?

I remember there was a huge wide opening in the shaft of the mya that was all gritty.. are the egyptians straight tubes or will i suffer the same woes??

[quote name='Spotless' timestamp='1295978969' post='495698']
Hey fellow hookahheads, been gone on a longgggg hiatus as some of you might remember; sold off both my hookahs and am considering getting back into to the wonderful world of billowy clouds. I used to have a no-namer and then a mya qt and after doing some research I see there is a newcomer in the world: the nammor? I remember the hoses being king but I am wondering if their hookahs are up to the same caliber. Are these bad boys on par with a KM?

Also, can someone tell me if a KM or even Nammor would be easier to clean than the QT?

I remember there was a huge wide opening in the shaft of the mya that was all gritty.. are the egyptians straight tubes or will i suffer the same woes??
[/quote]

I've heard good things about nammors, and stuie has a good amount of reviews on them. they seem comparable to KM's nowadays. the hoses are still great.

qt's are a lot easier to clean. they fit inside the normal kitchen sink. i use a hose while at home to wash my km but in the dorms i just give it a quick shower.

mya's have an (correct me if i use the wrong term) open chamber, but KM's have a closed chamber, and i would imagine nammor's probably have the same system

hope this helps!

I don't know about QT's, but my Mya Bambino is actually kind of a pain to clean--maybe because the top part of the downstem is so hard to unscrew, I don't know. And o-rings are always flying off of it. For whatever reason, my Mya Mozza is actually easier to clean than the Bambino--and her o-rings stay put! However, I have a 31" KM (31" once it is set into the nearly foot tall vase) and I find it very easy to clean. If the stem were much longer it would be a pain to rinse out. Because of the wide bore it's actually easier to get a stem brush into the KM than it is into the Mya downstems--at least in my opinion. Even the Mya stem brushes are a tight fit in a Mya stem.

I believe on most Egyptian hookahs you'd be dealing with downstems that are straight tubes and easy enough to clean unless they are very tall. More than one owner of a monster Egyptian has to clean their stem in the bathtub. Personally, I'd never want a hookah that was taller than about, well, 31". I knew exactly what I wanted when I bought my KM. :rolleyes:

I can offer no opinion on a Nammor hookah, but KM's rock. There are so many great hookahs out there to choose from, and you're about to hear all about them.

[quote name='Spotless' timestamp='1295978969' post='495698']

[/quote]

Im pretty sure Nammor hookahs are made from a couple different manufactures, because ive seen a couple of nammor hookahs that look exactly like MZs and KMs, and from what i heard the same the exact same

Comparing my 26" KM kamanja wheat and my 13" Mya piccolo the kamanja is as easy if not easier to clean then the little mya because its small enough to be cleaned in my sink and the brush goes all the way threw it which makes it really fast to clean, so if a KM is what your looking for id recommend the kamanja wheat or a hookah of that size if your mainly looking for something to smoke well and easy cleaning.

Now I can't say that I have had the pleasure of smoking from or owning a KM (I'm too poor), but I do own a Nammor Giza and it is a great hookah, nice design, easy to maintain, and it has a nice easy pull to it.