Anyone Ever Try Candy Oils For Flavors?

Hookah809

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1295699869' post='495336']
If im not mistaken isn't that what most companies use?
[/quote]

This I didn't know...
Where do you buy candy oils? I've heard of them, but never seen them anywhere.

[quote name='ShelbyDee' timestamp='1295838962' post='495545']
[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1295699869' post='495336']
If im not mistaken isn't that what most companies use?
[/quote]

This I didn't know...
Where do you buy candy oils? I've heard of them, but never seen them anywhere.
[/quote]

[url="https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors-candy-oils.aspx"]https://www.lorannoi...candy-oils.aspx[/url]

I never used them, but I've heard of people using them or their homemade stuff. Could be worth a shot.

i've used them to try and make an intensely strong mint by adding more flavoring to some Tangiers. it didn't turn out too well.

the flavor didn't increase much and the smoke output was slightly hindered. also, the flavoring was kind of skewed as well. it was like the flavoring was sitting on top of everything and burning off first prior to vaporizing the glycerin and original flavoring. even letting it sit for a few days, the candy oil did not seem to meld with the existing components. the heat tolerance did sky rocket though.

my suspicion is that, at least with Tangiers, the ratio between tobacco, molasses and glycerin is fairly specific. if you alter that ratio, it affects the smoke negatively. i'm suspecting that starting from stratch (or at least with a cured/prepared base tobacco) may produce better results.

Never used candy oils, but I've added mint/peppermint extract you can find at a grocery store in the spice section to AF, Layalina, and Tonic and made flavors I didn't care for into a really strong mint.

Candy oils are the way to go for homemade shisha really. They're simple, cheap and you need use only a little bit. I remember using something like 1/8 tsp to flavor a small batch (maybe 3-5 bowls worth) of shisha back when I used to make my own, but strength varies a lot by flavor too.

[quote name='AKammenzind' timestamp='1296491014' post='496304']
Candy oils are the way to go for homemade shisha really. They're simple, cheap and you need use only a little bit. I remember using something like 1/8 tsp to flavor a small batch (maybe 3-5 bowls worth) of shisha back when I used to make my own, but strength varies a lot by flavor too.
[/quote]

Where can one procure said candy flavoring oils? I have been unable to find some locally. What kind of store might sell them?

I've looked at my local Wal-Mart and all they have is the extracts. I've also checked Michael's and yes they do have candy oils, but I don't feel that other than mint they don't have any good flavors for shisha. I haven't been able to locate any like cake supply stores or anything like that in my area. The most I've got is a health food store that sells pure orange oil, but even that didn't do much for the flavor aspect.

I remember a company I got some from online once, I think it was "get suckered" or something on that order. Most of the flavors worked, some were a bit weak for said use. Sadly the best place I know is a hidden baking supply store in Pittsburgh.

[quote name='Murakamikazi' timestamp='1296703398' post='496624']
I've looked at my local Wal-Mart and all they have is the extracts. I've also checked Michael's and yes they do have candy oils, but I don't feel that other than mint they don't have any good flavors for shisha. I haven't been able to locate any like cake supply stores or anything like that in my area. The most I've got is a health food store that sells pure orange oil, but even that didn't do much for the flavor aspect.
[/quote]

shop online then.

• 2 weeks later...
I use the peppermint oil that they sell at GNC to add to my mixes occasionally(mainly when I have Melon Blend)...I've never had a problem mixing it with Tangiers. I just put a drop on my finger, cop a feel on the packed baccy with said finger, and repeat once more...usually has the perfect balance so the mint isn't too overpowering, then the mint wears off in about a half hour - forty five minutes and you have your original flavor

if anybody has any good recipes for homemade shisha i would defiantly be interested,also i have been wondering if when making shisha do you just use tobacco from a name brand shisha and add the candy oils or is there a place where one could purchase the tobacco and add the glycerin and candy oils