Review Forum Subtypes

magick777

Recently I've been searching for reviews on particular bowls and hoses, and I haven't had much luck. The search function doesn't seem to find things that I could swear I have seen browsing the forums. Seems to me that we'd do better to have a topic per hose/bowl in a dedicated subforum than to have multiple replies to a single topic. So, can we have new subforums for hoses and bowls? Sure, it means more threads overall, but it will likely improve searchability and forum administration.

Are you using the advanced search? The simple search is just that. Simple. That being said I guess we could put a bored mod to work seperating the broad subforum. I guess as these sections grow we should try and keep up. :)

Yup, probably reduce the remit of "other" to things that are non-standard enough that we can't predict LOTS of reviews for such an item. Specific suggestions:

- subforum for bowl reviews, new reviews end up with one thread per item
- subforum for hose reviews, ditto
- subforum for shisha wetting & flavouring agents e.g. Molazzle, Mola-Mix, Jeff's 7 Elements, etc. Suggest handling as per tobaccos, one review thread per brand, individual flavours in a thread

Dunno where the point of diminishing returns is... doubt we need to take it as far as a subforum for windshields, cleaning brushes or whatever, but, I would regard at least the above as worthwhile.

Magick brotha man, I'm working on it for you... I didn't realize how bad the review section really was until I started moving the hose reviews around, haha. It was like one huge clusterfuck of a thread. I split it all up now where each kind of hose (or brand rather) has its own thread, which should make searching easier for you. So the hoses are done, and I'll do the bowls tomorrow 'cause I have a bit of homework that needs to be done for tomorrow. I'll probably get to 'em tomorrow. I think the bowls are actually in pretty good order already (thanks to Mushy), but I'm going to view each one individually and make sure it's all good.

Oh and talk about messed up... the hookah pipe reviews are all over the place, with the wrong models on threads, comments here and there that are from before the no-comments-in-reviews rule, etc. I'll work on that as well.

Oh I won't, don't worry. :)

EDIT: The hookah pipes [i]should[/i] all be good now. Kinda skimmed, so may have missed something. Definitely shouldn't be duplicate threads for the same pipe, though. And the bowls are all good too.

Yes, I ignored my homework. :P

Mush, we wanting to keep the coals as-is or should we break those down into brands (one review thread per brand, or atleast a brand thread for the major coal brands)? I can see it being easier searching for a certain brand that way instead of the person trying to figure out which thread it's in.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1295924713' post='495637']
i may have to make you a mod again long enough to let YOU do it...
[/quote]

I may take you up on that, although I might be mod for quite some time.

Haha, I wouldn't mind another brother amongst our ranks.

Honestly though it wouldn't take long to move 5 pages of threads into certain subforums.

What do you want to do about the coals, Mush? Leave as-is or break 'em down into brand threads?

Well for the coals I was just going to break down the threads giving each brand their own thread. Then they can easily be put into categories. I guess that's what you mean by make a folder? Like have different categories: Natural Coconut, Japanese Style, Quicklights, Wood Naturals, etc. All I was going to do was make one thread for all the Coconara reviews, one for all the Exotica reviews, one for all of the Three Kings quicklights reviews, and so on.