Improve The Draw Of Your Egyptian Hose

magick777

The following is so obvious that I'm embarrassed to admit it's taken me two or three years to think of it, but so effective that it's worth a mention. I've been trying to improve an Egyptian pipe without spending more money on it than necessary (that means not replacing the hose again when I not long did). However, the problem with my existing hose has a truly simple improvement: finish the manufacturing process!

Some blowing, sucking and inspection of the various parts of the hose revealed that the culprit was actually the wooden connector between the hose and the pipe stem, which was bored to a diameter of 5mm, whilst the bore of the mouthpiece is at 6.4mm. I can't increase the latter thanks to a metal mouthpiece tube, but, reaming out the hose connector with an electric drill first to 6.4mm and then to 7mm has made a really noticeable and worthwhile improvement to the draw of the pipe. I have no idea why they didn't make it like that in the first place, but users of no-name Egyptian pipes might wish to see if they suffer with the same issue and fix it if so.

that's great advice. i know a few other members have talked about how they did it in the past, but it is never anywhere for new people to see or for people to get the idea. thanks for the contribution dude!

• 4 weeks later...
This is the same thing I did on my KM Ultimate, its a good improvement. I was also wondering why they didn't just do that from the factory, either way good job!