Do You Consider Yourself "A Smoker"?

We need to bear in mind that nicotine is not without its effects on health problems. It increases blood pressure, heart rate, can affect anxiety disorders, etc. We don't worry about tar and all that stuff, but it's still important to realize that our pastime could potentially impact our bill of health.

I quit cigarettes a couple times a year for various reasons(nicotine tests for health/life insurance, sick, etc), but I usually go back to smoking hookah shortly after. During those times, when asked, I generally don't consider myself a smoker. If I'm smoking cigarettes, then I obviously call myself a smoker. I feel like the term smoker has almost become derogatory here targeting cigarette smokers.

Yes, because it doesn't matter if its a hookah or a cigarette, you are smoking. And a big NO because its completely different. Smoking a hookah for me is being with friends talking, having fun. One time i even ask a girl to put out her cigarette because it was bothering me too much, even when i was right next to her smoking a lot more than she was from the hookah. I don't smoke cigarettes, i don't like them. if i have to fill out some health form or something like that then i put yes in smoker, but if someone asks me if i smoke i said no because they are referring to something that for me is different.

I think that anyone that smokes hookah on a daily basis should be considered a smoker.

As far as finding nicotine in your blood, you can always say someone around you smokes alot.

I smoke once a day but I still answer No. :P