Izundu Electric Hookah?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1294866034' post='494178']
Derek, Frank mentions another forum in his video and that's not allowed on here... for those that would like to see Frank's vid, search Izundu Hookah on YouTube.
[/quote]
14 min review... freakin ridiculous lol. When are you getting your tester?

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#333333][font=tahoma][size=2]I liked the honesty of his new review. However, I don't think he set it up properly. To get the best smoke production you must sufficiently fill up the the foil cup with tobacco. Filling it half way or improperly might save tobacco but then, the pipe will be heating less tobacco mass than it should be. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=tahoma][size=2]
[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[color=#333333][font=tahoma][size=2] If you cover the cup with foil you will eliminate the chimney effect. A limited number of toothpick holes is all you need.

The smaller gauge hose isn't a problem. I'm making rubber adapters to connect with wider gauge hoses. Even still the hose isn't the problem. It all stems from the packing of the tobacco.

Such directions and assistance are needed for any first time user. This is what I called to provide. He never, not even once mentioned his concerns. There are no scripts. I will make a video showing the setup, packing and usage of the pipe in detail. You guys can make your determination.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Dereksd' timestamp='1294863658' post='494172']
idk id rather get a great product off the bat and not need to upgrade everytime something is fixed on it.
[/quote]
selling a product to the public and then getting feedback on how to make it better is what vendors do. 4 versions of narbish hoses and i cant even count how many revisions to CH quicklights and CH nats. yup, your favorite vendor does it too.

[quote name='wesclrg' timestamp='1294964683' post='494287']
[quote name='Dereksd' timestamp='1294863658' post='494172']
idk id rather get a great product off the bat and not need to upgrade everytime something is fixed on it.
[/quote]
selling a product to the public and then getting feedback on how to make it better is what vendors do. 4 versions of narbish hoses and i cant even count how many revisions to CH quicklights and CH nats. yup, your favorite vendor does it too.
[/quote]

Yeah you can't expect a perfect product. This is why car manufacturers make a NEW car every year. Something is always changing. Especially with new products like this Izundu.

Just wait for my thorough review guys. Frank first posted a review praising it, then took it down and posted a review bashing it. Something odd is up with all of it, and hopefully we can just keep all that drama off of here.

I posted this on the other forum where all the drama is... You guys are just going to have to decide for yourselves if you want it or not. I'm out.

[quote]I am going to tell Tony I no longer want to review his product. Why? Because there's too much of a shitstorm surrounding this thing, and I feel I have gotten too involved. I have my suspicions of what really happened with the Frank situation, but I'll keep that to myself. I feel if I receive one for free it's just going to keep the shitstorm going. So let the people who actually buy it tell you how it is. I've given my opinions about the hookah itself and the whole situation. Now I'm done with it all.[/quote]

I for one don't care about the drama. Either you like it or you don't, that's all there is to it. Reviews are nothing more than opinions and noses in that everyone's got one. And just because someone chooses to post theirs on a forum or youtube doesn't make it any more credible or "right" than anyone elses. It's like people feuding over Coke vs. Pepsi, FPS's vs. MMORPG's, or Ninjas vs. Pirates - it's all subjective. To each their own.

That said, I'm emailing Tony this afternoon to get my Izundu and will follow up with a video featuring MY nose on Youtube. So there! :P

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1295023498' post='494339']
I posted this on the other forum where all the drama is... You guys are just going to have to decide for yourselves if you want it or not. I'm out.

[quote]I am going to tell Tony I no longer want to review his product. Why? Because there's too much of a shitstorm surrounding this thing, and I feel I have gotten too involved. I have my suspicions of what really happened with the Frank situation, but I'll keep that to myself. I feel if I receive one for free it's just going to keep the shitstorm going. So let the people who actually buy it tell you how it is. I've given my opinions about the hookah itself and the whole situation. Now I'm done with it all.[/quote]
[/quote]

The reason there are issues is because Frank is refusing to take any responsibility. HE was the one who created the first video, praising the pipe, and then HE created a second video retracting his statements while denouncing the product. He then makes it seem he was forced into the first review.

I would enjoy hearing your honest opinion, and doubt that there will be any issues, regardless of which way you lean as long as you dont pull the same shit that Frank did.

Ok. So what we have is a sad loss of a good reputation. I've read whats been going on finally, and watched both the orginal video and the replacement one. I'm sorry, since I didn't see a gun anywhere pointed at Frank's head I have to say he sold out. I see plenty of smoke in the original video and he puts his rep on the line saying its a Neat device that works well, etc. He even recommends it. To go back later and say "i was forced to say the things I said." just don't cut it.

Kinda glad I didn't allow the original Video to be posted very long. Less egg on our face for airing a scripted review by a formerly trusted reviewer.

Sorry man.

Since he engaged in unscrupulous business practices, Tony and his his company will be blacklisted from this forum to avoid any further problems.

Frank, we will have to discuss among the moderation team for deliberately misleading the community on behalf of a vendor.

this is the deal with being given free stuff, does anyone think anything is really free? if a seller of a product gives you a free product it's not because you are special, it's because you have an audience, and with that type of agreement, the giver is most likely implying that the givee/recipient puts in some praise for it. people in the hookah industry are actually in it for the money, no serious, they are.
examples include, marketing, by "giving away" free product so that the word is spread about how great a product is, which results in SALES for the person in business. it's not just hookah, it's every business for the most part. do you think tiger woods really likes driving in a Buick?
what happened isn't new, nor the end of the world. i think frank got caught up in it and then felt uncomfortable about it. we've all had to back peddle at least once in our lives.

Its not my decision in any way, but any punishment towards Frank would be silly at this point in my opinion. He made a mistake, without a doubt, but did his best to correct it. Like John said, shit happens, people make mistakes.

This is why magazines like Rolling Stone and Guitar World have specific review authors. They're loaned whatever is to be reviewed (cds, guitars, video games, etc.) and have to return them. There's no perk to reviewing this way; you've got a lot of swag moving in and out of your office and you don't get to keep any of it.

Hookah, for many reasons, will never be able to work this way. Anything given away for free will never receive an unbiased review.