56 vw beetle

#43 abzy

abzy

Pasha - Majestrate of Mu'ussel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

This product has some real potential/ one way it can be improved is a way to use your own hose. has a purge and everything. i am interested.
Nom nom nom

#44 Tony I

Tony I

Bey - Low Lord of the Hose.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Travel, History, Hookah

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

I don't see how this is different from a machine that vaporizes (or is that a banned topic?).

Happy Holidays everyone,
I'm Tony Izundu. The Izundu Hookah is entirely different from a vaporizer. The Izundu Hookah smokes real tobacco using electric heaters and not a liquefied nicotine solution. Its more identical to a traditional hookah pipe with the exception that it doesn't use charcoal.

Heat regulation.
We've designed the heat production of the Izundu Hookah to mimic the temperature of a traditional hookah when you draw and release. (Each draw of the pipe increases the the heat level of the charcoal and the release causes a temperature drop). The temperature range of the Izundu Hookah is sufficiently optimized to accommodate the differing heat requirements of all tobacco brands. In the unlikely event that you think the temperature is too high you can intermittently turn off the pipe.

Smoke Duration:
A full head can last you for about 80mins(60mins+20mins) The product automatically shuts off after 60mins. When this happens simply power back on.

#45 dizzbizz

dizzbizz

Grand Sultan - Sultan of Shisha

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

I'd try it out. Any chance of a forum discount, Tony? :)

32" KM Double Kamanja Wheat
31" Mya Paragon
6.5" Mya Petite

#46 Chreees

Chreees

Alabammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,629 posts
  • Interests:Hookah, Movies, TV, PS3, Straight Razors.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

Welcome to HF Tony! Hope you enjoyed the holiday.

Tony has offered to send me one of these to review so I will be able to put it to the test for you guys. I will toy around with it using Tangiers Lucid. I will attempt to make a phunnel mod for it. A youtube video will be made, as well as a written review perhaps. Really anxious to see how well this thing works. I'll keep you guys updated.

#47 agunn1231

agunn1231

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Interests:Hookah, Reading, Drawing, Hanging out with friends

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

Tony has offered to send me one of these to review so I will be able to put it to the test for you guys. I will toy around with it using Tangiers Lucid. I will attempt to make a phunnel mod for it. A youtube video will be made, as well as a written review perhaps. Really anxious to see how well this thing works. I'll keep you guys updated.

yay
if it works well i may have to get one
Posted Image Posted Image

chinamon :(18 November 2010 - 04:49 PM) wow lots of new faces
HookahLover25 :(18 November 2010 - 04:52 PM) I'm the cutest one, so you don't have to worry
Travis :(18 November 2010 - 04:59 PM) whoa
chinamon :(18 November 2010 - 04:59 PM) i hope you're female
INCUBUSRATM :(28 December 2010 - 06:00 PM)Alex, for the last time, we do not have room service (or hot towels) here! We ain't that fancy, haha.

#48 Genie

Genie

Vizier - Molassed Harlequin

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:05 PM

I'm more than a little dubious about buying an appliance like this without a better warranty than 7 days. You can return it within 30 days but, if I understood what I read, only those parts of it that haven't been used. ??? The policy page is a little confusing.

They kindly wrote me an email in response to my concerns that made me feel a little better about it, "First, the critical electrical components for the pipe are the heaters and the thermostat. Both items are UL certified and are designed to last for at least 5yrs of heavy use.(3hours every day for 5yrs) Such activity level is mostly indigenous to lounges with high turnover. We are a small business and recognize the high financial and reputation cost of defective items. As such, we take great efforts to ensure that each product meets our vigorous quality standards.

In addition, we are considering increasing the warranty to 30 days. The reason for the limited warranty is that product defects are easily detected. Our test show that if a manufacturer defect is not discovered within 30 days there is likely no such problem. Any problems discovered there after are likely the result of poor product management."

http://genierobinson.blogspot.com/

#49 Click

Click

Snack Attack!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

Looks pretty cool imo. Can't wait to see Chris' review.
Sonthert - BBC is just a kid who stutters reciting the alphabet.

(03:01 PM) demonix - I wanna fuck Hookah forum 

Posted Image

#50 IainUM

IainUM

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  • Interests:Hookah, University of Miami, Football, Ultimate Frisbee, music

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:15 AM

i am so excited
Posted Image

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE []_[]
GO CANES!!!

[20:03] incubusratm: that pipe is kinda like my baby
[20:03] incubusratm: and this pipe is like the sexy new maid

MEMBER OF THE TANGIERS MINI CLUB, BECAUSE FUCK YOU, THAT'S WHY

#51 jonsmokeshookah

jonsmokeshookah

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Power Lifting

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

Chris and I already talked about this but it seems like he has the heating element part of it down. If he just made the heating element a stand alone unit so we could put it on any hookah, this could be an awesome product.

#52 Tony I

Tony I

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

Happy New Year Everyone!

#53 Chreees

Chreees

Alabammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,629 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:17 AM

Chris and I already talked about this but it seems like he has the heating element part of it down. If he just made the heating element a stand alone unit so we could put it on any hookah, this could be an awesome product.

Yes. I believe overall it'd be more beneficial. Tony says the way this thing works is exactly like your coals- increases when you pull, then decreases when you're not pulling, just like coals. Make this work on any bowl of a traditional hookah and you're golden. But this will have to do for now, I suppose.

Happy New Year Everyone!

You too, Tony...

#54 Genie

Genie

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

I've thought about it and thought about it but I just can't spend that much money on an appliance that doesn't have a better warranty. I mean, if they are so confident about their product, why not give it a better warranty?

It IS an appliance, and I wouldn't spend this much on a space heater or a new kitchen gadget without knowing I had some recourse if part of it, the most important part of it, broke down.

#55 Tony I

Tony I

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

I've thought about it and thought about it but I just can't spend that much money on an appliance that doesn't have a better warranty. I mean, if they are so confident about their product, why not give it a better warranty?

It IS an appliance, and I wouldn't spend this much on a space heater or a new kitchen gadget without knowing I had some recourse if part of it, the most important part of it, broke down.

We are considering significantly increasing our warranty period. Will make final determination soon.

#56 Genie

Genie

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:29 AM

We are considering significantly increasing our warranty period. Will make final determination soon.

I'll be paying attention! I really would like to get one of these.

#57 Travis

Travis

Jordan was here

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:21 AM

Let us know Chris, this may/may not turn out to be the ultimate travel hookah....
My feelings on the subject are pretty neutral. I like my setup the way it is, but I'm always game for trying new things....That's a pretty big part of hookah itself, no?

Incubusratm: I would play with you if you were just a teeny bit closer

Posted Image

#58 nun

nun

Emir - Of the Emerald Argileh

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:العربية

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:07 AM

Tony, please upgrade the Izundu looks/casing. Thx.
IfAmericansKnew.org

#59 Chreees

Chreees

Alabammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,629 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

Let us know Chris, this may/may not turn out to be the ultimate travel hookah....
My feelings on the subject are pretty neutral. I like my setup the way it is, but I'm always game for trying new things....That's a pretty big part of hookah itself, no?

Yep. And why the hell am I in your sig? :P

#60 ih303

ih303

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

I'd like to know a little more about the mechanism that detects movement of air and then adjusts temperature accordingly. Honestly, I'm thinking this is more of an accidental feature than an inteded one since the heating elements are beside the head rather than above it, and the cover is vented. This design would allow the variable application of heat based on the simlple flow of air - when you pull, it sucks in the surrounding, heated air and when you don't, that heat simply dissipates. That's one of the primary differences between a hookah and a NH that rhymes with caper-mizer.

We had a thread going a while back about electric coals and what-not, and this same idea of indirect heat was brought up then.

I sent an email to Tony a while back asking about getting one of these things to try at my lounge, but I'm hung up on a couple of things.

1. You have to use a cupcake liner as a bowl. 'Nuff said.

2. I'm not a fan of smoking from a plastic obelisk. No offense, Tony, but having never smoked from a plastic hookah, I can't imagine it being nearly as satisfying as smoking out of something made from metal and glass. I mean even the Leila was made from quality materials, but it also cost $100 which I thought was a ripoff. I'm sure Tony was trying to keep his product within a certain price range which is commendable, but I would definitely suggest making a "step up" model at some point in the future made with quality materials.

3. I don't like NOT having options. Since I can't use the bowl or hose that I like, and I can't smoke anything hotter or cooler than anything else, I'm stuck settling for whatever Tony thinks is the best setup. Honestly, I'd be far more interested in pulling apart one of these hookahs and configuring it to simply fit on one of my hookahs.

Ultimately, I'm completely stoked as I love seeing innovative people coming up with innovative things. Tony, please don't take anything I've said personally as I mean it only as constructive criticism. No product is perfect in v.1. Hell, look at the Narbish. It took John four tries to get it right, and that's a hose! I simply hope that Tony or someone else will build on this technology and continue to make improvements.
Ex - Owner - Ifrits Hookah Lounge

I write like I talk and talk like I think - too much.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users