Izundu Electric Hookah?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wasn't a "mistake". This was a deliberate exercise in mis-information. A "mistake" is getting the price wrong or giving out an incorrect web site. Giving something a glowing review claiming it is unbiased and then saying the vendore "made" you do it is a different matter. As I've said before, since I never saw a gun pointed at his head, the decision to make the first review was a deliberate and conscious effort on Frank's part. Feeling bad about it afterwards is fine but to be honest, I believe there is more to this story than we are seeing.

If some of you are wondering why I'm kinda bent by this you have to look back to Mathazar, Richard, and Shisha-Emirates.

Glad we pulled the video when it was first posted.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1295215234' post='494552']
Okay, this is what I think... I think someone asked (or told) Frank to retract the first review...
[/quote]

I'm assuming you're talking about John since Frank mentioned he had talked to him before his "change of heart". That's speculation, of course :)

With the Frank drama left out of this whole thing I have a few things that I want to say:

1) The product itself is a great idea for those who were searching for an alternative to smoking a traditional hookah, regardless of the reason albeit the sulfer from coals, the expense of coals, the ignorance (lack of knowledge) of how to properly pack a traditional hookah, maybe a travel hookah without the risk of carrying glass/bulky metal.

2) I will admitt the only two reviews I have watched were Frank's two reviews, and I only smei-watched the second as I knew the drama surrounding it, but from the first video the product seemed to function pretty well. There are a lack of options for hose and whatnot but is it not a bit hippocritical to say that you're upset about the lack of options when some of our most beloved products all but limit us to using one thing (i.e. Tangiers and the phunnel bowl [yes I know Tangiers CAN be used with other bowls, but not as effectivly]) the glass tips for hoses only being able to be used with hoses that have removable hose tips ect...

3) All coals, natural or QL have a slight effect on the taste of the hookah, yes it is part of the experience but for those less intense flavors like Tangiers pineapple, AF gum, SB melon dew, ect....it would be great to get a more pure flavor out of these sessions. This product provides the oppertunity to do just that.

4) It is not uncommon for some manufacturers to need an investment of product to produce innovations, such as a heat control device for this hookah, and I see nothing wrong with the fact that he is waiting for a bigger revenue to start these upgrades, he already stated that previous customers would recieve a discount (and usually discounts of this type are pretty substantial) so I think it's a great idea. The product works fine as is but the promise that they will continue to work on it as time goes on, what more could you ask from a company?

5) If I had the money I would be more than willing to invest in this product to try it out. I think that the fact that drama entered into this situation is pretty lame but it happens. Personally I don't let drama affect my decisions on what vendors, brands, or whatever I buy/buy from because everyone has a different experience.

6) It is shit like this that is dividing the hookah community, from the time I joined to present day the online hookah community has especially changed dramatically. We've gone from one giant mecca of information for incoming smokers to the community to a place where people now are almost forced to chose between three major hookah forums.

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1295288722' post='494670']
6) It is shit like this that is dividing the hookah community, from the time I joined to present day the online hookah community has especially changed dramatically. We've gone from one giant mecca of information for incoming smokers to the community to a place where people now are almost forced to chose between three major hookah forums.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/good2.gif[/img]

chris i still think you should review it. the clouds were completely differnt in those two videos and i belive some shill buisness is going on after the decent review of it, esp with it not needing coals.

we need an uninfluenced mind at work :)

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1295288722' post='494670']
With the Frank drama left out of this whole thing I have a few things that I want to say:

1) The product itself is a great idea for those who were searching for an alternative to smoking a traditional hookah, regardless of the reason albeit the sulfer from coals, the expense of coals, the ignorance (lack of knowledge) of how to properly pack a traditional hookah, maybe a travel hookah without the risk of carrying glass/bulky metal.

2) I will admitt the only two reviews I have watched were Frank's two reviews, and I only smei-watched the second as I knew the drama surrounding it, but from the first video the product seemed to function pretty well. There are a lack of options for hose and whatnot but is it not a bit hippocritical to say that you're upset about the lack of options when some of our most beloved products all but limit us to using one thing (i.e. Tangiers and the phunnel bowl [yes I know Tangiers CAN be used with other bowls, but not as effectivly]) the glass tips for hoses only being able to be used with hoses that have removable hose tips ect...

3) All coals, natural or QL have a slight effect on the taste of the hookah, yes it is part of the experience but for those less intense flavors like Tangiers pineapple, AF gum, SB melon dew, ect....it would be great to get a more pure flavor out of these sessions. This product provides the oppertunity to do just that.

4) It is not uncommon for some manufacturers to need an investment of product to produce innovations, such as a heat control device for this hookah, and I see nothing wrong with the fact that he is waiting for a bigger revenue to start these upgrades, he already stated that previous customers would recieve a discount (and usually discounts of this type are pretty substantial) so I think it's a great idea. The product works fine as is but the promise that they will continue to work on it as time goes on, what more could you ask from a company?

5) If I had the money I would be more than willing to invest in this product to try it out. I think that the fact that drama entered into this situation is pretty lame but it happens. Personally I don't let drama affect my decisions on what vendors, brands, or whatever I buy/buy from because everyone has a different experience.

[/quote]

I totally agree with you, Tyler. For the reasons you stated, I had high hopes for this product. Still do. After a good amount of people buy it, I'm going to see if general consensus says it's good. If they do, I may buy one.

Anyway, I mainly wanted to address number 6 on your list. Explain to you why things are like that today with the forums and whatnot, of course, all in my opinion. The you have multiple forums with division and no unity is because naturally, we do not all share the same opinions. Mainly we do not share the idea of how to run things. We have our rules here that we like and how we do things, whereas the other forums don't like our rules or the way we run things, so they do it their way. That's fine, no problem. As much as I agree it divides the community as a whole (hookah smokers), it allows people multiple options in case they don't like the way a certain one is run. It's sort of like how we have different countries. You can choose to live wherever you like in the world. Don't like the US? Move to the UK, or Russia, or China, or Zimbabwe... Okay, maybe not Zimbabwe, but you get my point. It sucks that the division exists, but it's naturally a part of how we as humans interact. I'm on all three of those major forums, but I must say this one offers the most.

you know what i would still want to get it too, part of me just wants to get it to see if it really does work. i wouldnt want to publicly post a review either after all that either though. i dont give a shit about what people would say (im lying, faked review, etc. etc. whatever), i just dont want to get involved.

um look. There are a few reasons we have multiple forums. One was that a bunch of people didn't like the rules here. There was the usual drama and they went off to form their own forum where THEY could make the rules. Which started out kinda rough and eventually evolved into a forum with rules almost exactly like this one. They are more influenced by get getting stuff or making money from their forum, something we fortunately don't have to worry about here thanks to Adrock and Hookahkings.

The other forum was started by a vendor to use as a platform for his business in the likely event he was thrown out of the remaining forums. And thats cool, if he wants to pay for it then why the hell shouldn't he make his forum whatever he wants it t be. As long as people come and discuss things on his forum its a bonus.

Then there are us snobs. And yes, we are snobs. except you guys who still smoke Nakhla. ;) Seriously though we dont put up with much from vendors because we arent free advertising, they almost always end up getting either pushy or dont post anything but advertisements. So we don't let them play. Doesn't mean they are bad, just means they are busy. We are also likely the most talented group of modern hookah smokers assembled in one place with who, what, and er..what we know. So, we should continue as we are, ridiculing the foolish, helping those who actually want to know about hookah, and generally stirring up shit as we go. :)

Some folks may go "eh, so he lied, he said he was osrry, lets move on." and some of us try to live by our reputations and stay away from crap like this. :girl_prepare_fish:

as for the other forums. I think there are enough hookah smokers around to share...really.

INCUBUSRATM said:[b]Zimbabwe... Okay, maybe not Zimbabwe

Wow whats wrong with Zimbabwe, they used to have great currency, Last year i gave my girlfriend $300 millions dollars! Zimbabwe bucks, cost me 35 cents on eBay. Great value from those Zimbabwians
[/b]

interesting, i wish i would find $65 dollars on the ground so i could test it out. it seems to work quite well. just need to know what brands of tobacco can be used in it.

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1295319364' post='494733']
INCUBUSRATM said:[b]Zimbabwe... Okay, maybe not Zimbabwe

Wow whats wrong with Zimbabwe, they used to have great currency, Last year i gave my girlfriend $300 millions dollars! Zimbabwe bucks, cost me 35 cents on eBay. Great value from those Zimbabwians
[/b]
[/quote]

Because of this guy... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mugabe

And Mush, you put it perfectly. That's pretty much what I was [i]trying[/i] to say. :P

I'd rather be a snob... just sayin'.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1295157689' post='494517']
I think the loss of trust is enough. Saying I felt bad after I sold out doesn't cut it with some of us.
[/quote]

definitely lost the trust of me and atleast 10 other people I can think off at the top of my head.

'I felt bad after I sold out' is just not enough.

I fear that something was more to it :) but hey, that's just my opinion