Izundu Electric Hookah?

An... actually legit electric hookah?

[url="http://www.izunduhookah.com/"]http://www.izunduhookah.com/[/url]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q0i5PKKGro&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDH7bHDab9o&feature=related[/media]

$65, looks like it smokes good, but ugly as hell... plus no option to change the hose. It intrigues me, I must admit. No more buying coal. My girlfriend might actually let me smoke this inside around her. Also, I'd have to be able to smoke Tangiers Lucid out of it...

What do you guys think?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well damn, if I was still in school I'd testbunny up and give it a go.

Though I do dislike the non-existant option to have multiple hoses and the very small size...it's would be cool if the downstem were longer, though I guess with out coals and automated heat management it can't be to bad..

Someone posted the exact same link a few days ago pushing it.......Not sure how I feel about it. Setting up a hookah isn't a pain in the ass to me. I dont fiddle with the coals, like he said in the video. Plus it comes from New Jersey, The thought of Snookie sitting in a basement packaging these up disturbs me somewhat. Plus he doesnt really define the packing process as much as I would like. I want to see a setup video, from scratch to smoking, "bowl" packing and all. IF this can be used with any brand, I MIGHT pick one up for giggles.

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1293194111' post='492253']
It looks like the frigging washington monument,not a hookah
[/quote]

hahaha thats what i thought when i saw it...yea someone posted this same thing few days ago. but my feelings havent changed on it. I still rather smoke the old-school, coal powered, epic cloud, traditional hookah.

[quote name='Barnaby' timestamp='1293215409' post='492270']
My only concern here is the non-controllable temp. For Tangiers, I wonder if this would scorch it or not. They say they tried it on 20+ different types of shisha, but they dont' say what. We need a guinea pig!
[/quote]

Great Idea, Let us know when you get it!

I'm not saying I'll switch to it exclusively and sell my traditional hookah, but I am interested. I will, however, wait for others to receive theirs and give a full review before buying one myself. If I did get one, it would be for inside use around my gf, since she doesn't like me smoking inside when she's home (she says the coal is the dangerous part). So I believe this little gadget would change that. The regular hookah would still be used outside or for inside when the gf isn't home, however. Trust me, I don't think I could ever sell my KM for one of these. But being able to smoke inside when my gf is home? That's something that is hard to pass up, for me anyway. Hell, it may even convince her to smoke with me!

Oh, and another thing I thought of... imagine how these things could revolutionize the hookah lounge. You come in, they pack a flavor for you, insert it in, flip the power on, and you smoke for an hour, it shuts off... Not saying it's a good or bad thing. But it takes out the whole coal situation, and you pay for an hour's use. Biggest issue I see is the loss of the experience of someone bringing coals, you experiencing the traditional hookah smoking way. But it could mean efficiency for hookah lounge owners, and possibly getting around smoking bans.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1293219747' post='492280']
But it could mean efficiency for hookah lounge owners, [b]and possibly getting around smoking bans.[/b]
[/quote]

Probably not with this device. All in all, its just a normal hookah really. Its still smoking tobacco indoors. But with the non-tobacco cartridges that the other electric ones are using, thats very possible. I believe thats how some in the UK are doing it now.

[quote name='mitchard' timestamp='1293223336' post='492283']
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1293219747' post='492280']
But it could mean efficiency for hookah lounge owners, [b]and possibly getting around smoking bans.[/b]
[/quote]

Probably not with this device. All in all, its just a normal hookah really. Its still smoking tobacco indoors. But with the non-tobacco cartridges that the other electric ones are using, thats very possible. I believe thats how some in the UK are doing it now.
[/quote]

According to RJ_Skillz, the electric hookah over in the UK has gotten around the smoking bans, IIRC. He said it's better than this Izundu hookah, so...

For me the total hookah experience is important. I have a hookah environment in one room.That environment, the art and traditions that go with it make the experience all that more enjoyable. I want to move my coals around with a tooled brass set of tongs,I like my ebony mouthpiece and the arabesque tracery on my vase. Just look at Hassouni's Elmas, do you want to give that up for a plastic washington monument? Not me, thank you. In his book," The Pilgramage to al Madinah and Meccah" the Victorian explorer Capt. sir Richard Francis Burton gave this definination for the Arabic word kayf(not refering to the NHT product of the same name):
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] "And this is the Arab's--Kayf. The savouring of animal existence; the passive enjoyment of mere sense; the pleasant languor, the dreamy tranquility, the airy castle-building, which in Asia stands in lieu of the vigorous, intensive, passionate life in Europe. It is the result of a lively, impressible, excitable nature, and exquisite sensibility of nerve; it argues a facility for voluptuousness unknown to northern regions, where happiness is placed in the exertion of mental and physical powers; where [i]Ernst ist das Leben [Life is Serious][/i]; where niggard earth commands ceaseless sweat of face, and damp chill air demands perpetual excitement, exercise, or change, or adventure, or dissipation, for want of something better. In the East, man wants but rest and shade: upon the banks of a bubbling stream, or under the cool shelter of a perfumed tree, he is perfectly happy, smoking a pipe, or sipping a cup of coffee, or drinking a glass of sherbet, but above all things deranging body and mind as little as possible; the trouble of conversations, the displeasures of memory, and the vanity of thought being the most unpleasant interruptions to his Kayf. No wonder that 'Kayf' is a word unstranslatable in our mother-tongue!"[/font]

It is this experience I savor

I understand where you're coming from, Mustafabey. I will not abandon my traditional hookah for this, but it would be nice to have this to smoke for those times that I want to smoke inside with my girlfriend (soon to be fiance). Also, using this a lot would save on buying coals. So if this electronic hookah works as well as it looks like it does, I would be fine using both.

I'd be curious to try this -- totally would if I was at a lounge or with a friend who had one -- but don't see myself buying one ever.

P.S. Chris-- It's fianc[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]é[/size][/font]e for girls ;) You'll be her fianc[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]é[/size][/font], she'll be your fianc[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]é[/size][/font]e.

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1293238136' post='492293']
I'd be curious to try this -- totally would if I was at a lounge or with a friend who had one -- but don't see myself buying one ever.

[b]P.S. Chris-- It's fianc[font="arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]é[/size][/font]e for girls ;) You'll be her fianc[font="arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]é[/size][/font], she'll be your fianc[font="arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]é[/size][/font]e.[/b]
[/quote]

Thanks, lol. I'm new to this...