Craigslist Hookah Finds

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (drabin @ Jan 26 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well now you destroyed a fun thread by posting 2 links to obvious nht devices.
Not to be dick but take some time to look a what your posting what aboun jose nht devices was funny...

Can I ask what makes something obviously an NHT device? Can't any smoking device be used for any smokable substance, legal or not? It just seems like we're banning people on assumptions that can be pretty arbitrary... Where is the line drawn, and why is it there?

I'm still pretty new here but I've gathered pretty quickly how serious this line is taken, I just have no idea where it lies.... And if this is explained somewhere feel free to point me there.... Thanks!

QUOTE (moatilliatta @ Apr 26 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to be dick but take some time to look a what your posting what aboun jose nht devices was funny...

Can I ask what makes something obviously an NHT device? Can't any smoking device be used for any smokable substance, legal or not? It just seems like we're banning people on assumptions that can be pretty arbitrary... Where is the line drawn, and why is it there?

I'm still pretty new here but I've gathered pretty quickly how serious this line is taken, I just have no idea where it lies.... And if this is explained somewhere feel free to point me there.... Thanks!

There is a clear line between something that is used to smoke tobacco and something that is used to smoke illegal substances. Not sure how I can eloquently describe this without using NHT related words, but anything with a tiny bowl that can be quickly removed is an NHT device.

QUOTE (moatilliatta @ Apr 27 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you have to ask yourself if it would be appropriate then take the safe route and ask a mod.

QUOTE (Zinite @ Apr 26 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (moatilliatta @ Apr 26 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a clear line between something that is used to smoke tobacco and something that is used to smoke illegal substances. Not sure how I can eloquently describe this without using NHT related words, but anything with a tiny bowl that can be quickly removed is an NHT device.

I know the kinds of things you mean, but one could just as easily smoke tobacco from one of those as one could smoke a NHT substance from a hookah, so it seem silly to me for such a stark line to be there when it's based only on stereotypical use and not any real tangible aspect...

The 'clear line' you speak of is a purely judgmental call based on popular preconceptions, it not being physically real is my point. It's just in me to hate and fight against arbitrary rules, haha...

BUT I'm not out to cause trouble or ruffle feathers (here anyway), and if I wanted to talk about devices besides hookahs I suppose I wouldn't be here, so I'll just play it safe and... well, only discuss hookahs! biggrin.gif

You're actually incorrect in your thinking moatilliatta. There is a more clear line than you realize obviously.

Many devices designed for NHT cannot be used for shisha (aka tobacco used with hookah) But if you think it can be used, then be my guest and attempt the same method of heat for shisha as other substances.

These devices are normally very easily recognizable as such among people that have knowledge of different water pipes and their uses (read hookahforum)

The only "popular pre/mis conception" here is that people too often advertise or label pictures as "hookahs" to stay within legal lines, when the device in question is clearly not intended for such a purpose.

I agree you should stick to hookahs, just don't listen to what the world says hookahs are because most of them are wrong.

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Apr 26 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're actually incorrect in your thinking moatilliatta. There is a more clear line than you realize obviously.

Many devices designed for NHT cannot be used for shisha (aka tobacco used with hookah) But if you think it can be used, then be my guest and attempt the same method of heat for shisha as other substances.

These devices are normally very easily recognizable as such among people that have knowledge of different water pipes and their uses (read hookahforum)

The only "popular pre/mis conception" here is that people too often advertise or label pictures as "hookahs" to stay within legal lines, when the device in question is clearly not intended for such a purpose.

I agree you should stick to hookahs, just don't listen to what the world says hookahs are because most of them are wrong.

Touche, I guess I had been focusing on the 'N' and 'T' parts and leaving out the 'H', since the problem seems to be with legality and tobacco, hookah and not, is legal.... 'Course in that case it should be a different term, something like ISS "illegal smoking substance" or something, since NHT would mean we can't talk about pipe tobacco or cigarettes...

Anyway back on subject I get what you're saying. I have enough friends with enough habits I definitely know the pipes you mean, haha, and yeah I guess the heat aspect of it all would be pretty different with dry substances. Thanks for pointing that out!

I mean, its pretty simple, if you actually take a second, to tell a NH from a hookah. Bowl size is a good start, hoses are pretty much a necessity, that sorta thing. And as stated, never hurts to send a question to me or a mod just to be sure. And if you find you've fucked up before anyone else reports something, self report it using the "report" button. If you report the post yourself first then we'll give you a break. We all make mistakes. Best just to be careful though.

QUOTE (GNUWorldOrder @ Apr 26 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that all glass "hookah" from a few months back was pretty sweet tho sad.gif

That one? (from http://shisha-net.de/)

If it's an all glass unit, even if they are calling it a hookah, it's probably not. This is the only glass hookah on the market that is ACTUALLY a hookah (as far as I know). There's a very well known NHT pipe brand that makes an 'all glass hookah' but it's not for shisha.

Ya, that nht that i posted was clearly not a hookah after mush explained why. Like I have previously stated, it was a complete accident. The only thing I am still a bit annoyed about is that other people have done the same thing (accidentally posted a nht) and didn't get a ban, but whatever, it was a long time ago and I am not a mod so I don't get to make those decisions.

Moat, just to let you know, in the description of the nht I posted, the description stated it was a hookah. The guy claimed that a local hookah bar bought a bunch of them and then went out of business or never started or something like that and they were getting rid of the hookahs. So, as Mush reminded me, people lie, just because it says it is a hookah, doesn't mean it actually is.

QUOTE (Zinite @ Apr 26 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (GNUWorldOrder @ Apr 26 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that all glass "hookah" from a few months back was pretty sweet tho sad.gif

That one? (from http://shisha-net.de/)

If it's an all glass unit, even if they are calling it a hookah, it's probably not. This is the only glass hookah on the market that is ACTUALLY a hookah (as far as I know). There's a very well known NHT pipe brand that makes an 'all glass hookah' but it's not for shisha.

Not ALL glass, but close...remember this one?

http://www.hookahforum.com/?showtopic=2848

QUOTE (moatilliatta @ Apr 26 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (liquidglass @ Apr 26 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Touche, I guess I had been focusing on the 'N' and 'T' parts and leaving out the 'H', since the problem seems to be with legality and tobacco, hookah and not, is legal.... 'Course in that case it should be a different term, something like ISS "illegal smoking substance" or something, since NHT would mean we can't talk about pipe tobacco or cigarettes...

Anyway back on subject I get what you're saying. I have enough friends with enough habits I definitely know the pipes you mean, haha, and yeah I guess the heat aspect of it all would be pretty different with dry substances. Thanks for pointing that out!

Understandable, I didn't even consider associating cigs or anything with the NHT.

I feel you, my brother was pretty heavy into a lot of things, so I've seen it enough to know what's going down lol.

Thanks for understanding and glad we could see each others point! _sheesha2__by_Majunka_aurore.gif

• 2 weeks later...
This listing made me laugh...not so much the item or the picture, but the description.

QUOTE (gershivich2008)
This is the traditional hose used in Egypt and the best hose you can find today. The large handle of the Cobra gives you the perfect handling position for a comfortable smoke. The elegance of the Egyptian design will make you feel like royalty.

Best hose? Royalty? Really?