Hose Cleaning

pyrow14

how do you properly clean a damn hookah hose lol, i try just running water thru it but it doesn't dry out very well and if i leave dry after each use i keep getting ash so please guys how do i clean a hookah hose properly?

[quote name='pyrow14' timestamp='1292043252' post='490931']
how do you properly clean a damn hookah hose lol, i try just running water thru it but it doesn't dry out very well and if i leave dry after each use i keep getting ash so please guys how do i clean a hookah hose properly?
[/quote]

Ash? Are you sure its not rust? To clean a hose you need to make sure its [u]washable[/u] otherwise the steel coil inside will rust after you run water through it.

[quote name='pyrow14' timestamp='1292051334' post='490945']
FUCKKKKKKK lol i didn't know that, im still new to the owning a hookah business XD
[/quote]

well time to get a new hose,

1) get a washable
2) get a regular hose and dont wash it.

there are plenty of great options as far as hoses at the moment.

how can i tell where or not they're washable cause i bought one and it didn't say anything about whether it was washable or not, and the one i got with my hookah didn't say anything either.

[quote name='pyrow14' timestamp='1292298099' post='491238']
how can i tell where or not they're washable cause i bought one and it didn't say anything about whether it was washable or not, and the one i got with my hookah didn't say anything either.
[/quote]

Check where you got it from (if a website) or check online for information on the hose. The general rule is that if they don't explicitly specify that they're washable, then they aren't. This holds because being washable is a huge selling point for most hose manufacturers so they will definitely advertise it.

Nu Hose is a great hose for someone being introduced to the hookah . It's way cheap, you can get the whole thing wet, when you're done, just swing it until the water is out of it, plus the whole thing breaks down easily. Several online vendors carry it.

• 5 months later...
if you have a hose like the one in my sig, yea thats not washable...if there was any moisture or water left in it, blow through the hose with a tissue at the other end and look at what comes out. if its brownish and u see a little glistening under light, yea thats rust which isnt too good to inhale...i just purchased a nammor hose online, waiting for it to come in. its washable nd it looks huge compared to what i have right now lol

all the ones what i have seen in the west are non-washable apart from the disposable one.

i got mine made in pakistan, which is made from a rubber pipe which you use on your gas cooker. its the best pipe i have tried and ive used over 100.