mustafabey

What is this reputation score all about and how is it calculated. Also when you bring up the members list there are stars or dots all the way to the right. whats that all about?
Thanks
  • Upvote 4

The stars are member ratings. Not really sure how that all works.

The reputation is what you see at the bottom right of everyone's posts. It used to be + and -, but we took away the - because a member was abusing it hardcore, targeting one member. The reputation system is used if you really like a member's post or find it really helpful. To see someone's reputation rating, go to their profile.

Hope that clears it up for ya. ;)
  • Upvote 7

It's a joke, I can't think of anybody that actually cares about the rep system. There was a point when I had something like -15 rep because of a certain thread where everyone was just neg repping anything they could haha. I couldn't care less abou it.
  • Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
i guess it atleast looks nice to the new people to see someone with a high rep. but we all know travis doesnt like new people
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1296623657' post='496521']
i guess it atleast looks nice to the new people to see someone with a high rep. but we all know travis doesnt like new people
[/quote]

That's not true.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
It must be confusing to them as well.

Plenty of people on here have a bagillion rep points, but not a five star rating, as is the other way around.
Travis, I got a friend of mine that wants to join the forum, could you take a short break from here till he's tenured? :blum2:

Lol I'm assuming whoever originally posted that was joking. Travis and Jay are the ones who helped me the most when I first joined, honestly.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1297789373' post='497953']
It must be confusing to them as well.

Plenty of people on here have a bagillion rep points, but not a five star rating, as is the other way around.
Travis, I got a friend of mine that wants to join the forum, could you take a short break from here till he's tenured? :blum2:

Lol I'm assuming whoever originally posted that was joking. Travis and Jay are the ones who helped me the most when I first joined, honestly.
[/quote]

Contradicting as it may be, I gave you a "+1" for that post!
  • Upvote 1

Hmm my magic wand isn't working[img]http://www.astro.uni-bonn.de/%7Emaltmann/NGC7479v1.gif[/img]
  • Upvote 1