Confession Booth

Sapphire

Only because I don't get to do a lot of explaining to people here at home...

I was diagnosed with TS, or tourettes syndrome at age 6. I have a multitude of "tics", ranging form small grunting under my breath, to digging my fingernails into my palms, to my right eye twitching uncontrollably.

No, I do not scream like the tourette's guy, nor curse like him (unless I really feel like it... haha)

It's really agitating to try and surpess all the tics, it's like an itch that you can't scratch. I'm really anxious about all of this because I will finally get results from my physician about wether or not he can allow me to be on tenex, which is a medicaiton to help with controlling tics. Although there is no known cure, this is the closest thing to helping with the problem.

Sorry to get all SERIOUS on you guys haha, here, I'll throw you a bone.

Whenever I realize I've been walking in the wrong direction somewher ein public, instead of turning around and walking the other way, I pretend as if I've forgotten something, or realize what time it is, or fake an important phone call... Just so I won't look crazy for taking an immediate 180 right in the middle of walking.

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1295402565' post='494928']
Only because I don't get to do a lot of explaining to people here at home...

I was diagnosed with TS, or tourettes syndrome at age 6. I have a multitude of "tics", ranging form small grunting under my breath, to digging my fingernails into my palms, to my right eye twitching uncontrollably.

No, I do not scream like the tourette's guy, nor curse like him (unless I really feel like it... haha)

It's really agitating to try and surpess all the tics, it's like an itch that you can't scratch. I'm really anxious about all of this because I will finally get results from my physician about wether or not he can allow me to be on tenex, which is a medicaiton to help with controlling tics. Although there is no known cure, this is the closest thing to helping with the problem.

Sorry to get all SERIOUS on you guys haha, here, I'll throw you a bone.

Whenever I realize I've been walking in the wrong direction somewher ein public, instead of turning around and walking the other way, I pretend as if I've forgotten something, or realize what time it is, or fake an important phone call... Just so I won't look crazy for taking an immediate 180 right in the middle of walking.
[/quote]

my son has TS and I know that he struggles everyday with his tics.Mostly face and eyes. Clonedine has been a God send for him. Good luck brother. As A parent it is very frustrating to watch your child get angry that he can't play his gameboy because he is ticking so bad.
Ray

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1295497205' post='495078']
lol i also do the turnaround thing! especially in a very public place. usually go with the phone call. either that or I will take a very long way around making 3 left turns in the mix to get to the right place lol
[/quote]

well, i do that too. the walking the long way around to get back where i need to be.

hmmm....a good confession

well, for my first 2 semesters of college, i lied to my parents about the grades i got, wound up almost getting kicked out of school, and turned things around in my third semester. my parents have no idea, nor do i think they ever will

I did something similar too agun.. I had to drop a couple of classes a while back. and instead of telling my mom, I just kept leaving the house and coming home at the same times I normally would for those classes. She still thinks I went fulltime for a few years lol

I have a retainer, and it has a tooth on it. Sometimes when I stand in line at the grocerie store and there is a little kid sitting in the shopping cart ahead of me, I will take it out and scare them by distorting my face till they cry. Then I hurry and put it back in my mouth before the parents see and act like the kid is crazy. = )

[quote name='Sapphire' timestamp='1295994312' post='495716']
I have a retainer, and it has a tooth on it. Sometimes when I stand in line at the grocerie store and there is a little kid sitting in the shopping cart ahead of me, I will take it out and scare them by distorting my face till they cry. Then I hurry and put it back in my mouth before the parents see and act like the kid is crazy. = )
[/quote]

awesome. simply awesome. i would do this at every chance i could

• 4 weeks later...
Haha So I was born with only one hand (I know some of you are shocked) hence the nickname NUBBS. Anyway, I can fit it in my mouth and fake like I'm chucking on it, or really choke haha. But some people wig out.

Rubber hand from Halloween + any door jam + ziplock bag of fake blood = big scene of epic ownage!!!

Also, I pretty much never tell anyone who asks the real story. Sharks, alligator, garbage disposal, blender, stuck in gumball machine, chain of motorcycle, ate my fingers, 5-Finger Roullete, bear trap, stole in middle east, jetski impellor, arm wrestled Chuck Norris. The list goes on.

There's a guy I really like and I'm too pussy to tell him but all of his friends know >,< :smiley-angry021:

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1298370595' post='498829']
There's a guy I really like and I'm too pussy to tell him but all of his friends know >,< :smiley-angry021:
[/quote]

try to find something to break the ice...does he smoke hookah? could always ask his friends if they'll drop a hint for you...when I'm too afraid to ask someone(my anxiety holds me back at times), I usually ask a mutual friend to drop the hint for me

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Cp44' timestamp='1289835876' post='488357']
^^^^ I just threw up in my mouth...yuck!!! haha

I used to walk home from high school everyday which is about 1 mile. One day I was walking back going through a park and I had to fart real bad. So I let one rip and I sharted a big one, there was no paper around or on me. I had 3/4 of a mile left to my house which was the most uncomfortable trips I ever made.
[/quote]

What is it with you and gas?! LOL

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1289918430' post='488461']
[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1289882781' post='488417']
[size="3"] was A tired from work not have sleped and the theaters were full of sqweeling tweens and 40 year old moms . If 40 year old men where to screen and holler when a 17 year old girl took her shirt off they be arrested .[/size]
[/quote]

unfair isnt it.
[/quote]

Don't they?

Hiding Twilight for the win.

I was once almost arrested for harboring someone charged with assault on a police officer, though I actually did not know I was harboring him as he snuck into my dorm room. The cops almost opened the door and I could have been arrested for lying to a cop.