Chreees's Collection Thread

Chreees

It seems like the stem doesn't match the tray or windcover. Maybe its the lighting but its a beautiful pipe!

I know what you mean. I think it's because they're more gold color plus they don't have any etchings compared to the shank.

Silver tray? You crazy lol.

Nah, no Turkish hose. The ones the guy was posting pics of didn't interest me, so I didn't bother asking for one. They looked crappy compared to the ones NargileStore sells. I'm using my Razan Abu Mahir with it. Smokes amazingly!

Hass- I agree with what you told me concerning the brand of the pipe. I'm just gonna call it a Turkish Canary for now.

Ashley- Can't, lol. I'm in a hotel room for the next couple months, and the greyhounds picture is in storage in West TN.

Omfg. That is a BEAUTIFUL pipe. By far one of the nicer ones I've ever seen. Congrats and I hope it smokes like a dream!

Indeed it does! I'm totally in love with it! The Nawras just may have to take the back seat for a while... :O

so what would you say about it compared to the elmas you had, maybe some pros and cons?

From every single detail it screams Elmas, to the extent that I'm convinced it is, with two canaries slapped on the side.

so what would you say about it compared to the elmas you had, maybe some pros and cons?

Con of the 618 was it was too small for me. Pro was it was a good smaller pipe. I just should have had it on a properly sized vase. Overall though I think it's just a short looking shank in general.

The "639" design is much more balanced, IMO. It looks WAY better on my trumpet vase, and the canaries look fucking awesome.

Etchings and everything, quality of the hookahs, they're the same. That's why Im inclined to believe what Hass is saying about it really being an Elmas 639 with birds added on. I don't care what it is, though. I believe brand isn't such a big deal when it comes to Turks.

Draw is amazing.

I'm writing this having just woken up, so may not make much sense lol.

Omfg. That is a BEAUTIFUL pipe. By far one of the nicer ones I've ever seen. Congrats and I hope it smokes like a dream!

Indeed it does! I'm totally in love with it! The Nawras just may have to take the back seat for a while... :O

Oh yea, a back seat? A back seat to Iowa? Sell it sell it sell it :lol: :)

Nice new Turk. Congratulations Chris.

Nice man, I really like the stem, too bad about the spinning birds lol. Also, yea, the tray and windcover will be better as the stem oxidizes a bit, it looks quite fresh (though you should upgrade to the Elmas tray because it's sexier). I do, however, think that vase may not be the best match. Maybe it needs to grow on me but the chamber looks a bit weird sitting on the vase and I think if the stem was taller it would look more proportional. However, it clearly only matters what you think of it. The stem itself is very nice and no doubt it shares molds with the 639. Congrats, Chris!

But the birds do match?  :D

They have eyebrows and cartoon google eyes...

I'm talking about the birds match the color of the stem. Obviously they're different from the canaries Elmas uses. Either way, I actually prefer these because they have more details than the Elmas ones.

Nice man, I really like the stem, too bad about the spinning birds lol. Also, yea, the tray and windcover will be better as the stem oxidizes a bit, it looks quite fresh (though you should upgrade to the Elmas tray because it's sexier). I do, however, think that vase may not be the best match. Maybe it needs to grow on me but the chamber looks a bit weird sitting on the vase and I think if the stem was taller it would look more proportional. However, it clearly only matters what you think of it. The stem itself is very nice and no doubt it shares molds with the 639. Congrats, Chris!

Are you trying to upset Hassouni by telling me not to use the vase he brought back from Lebanon for me? :lol:

In all seriousness, I love the vase and how the setup looks altogether. I'll leave it be for now.

And yes, SPINNERS!!!!! :P I may take some JB Weld to it someday, but I'm not too worried about it right now. It tightens fairly well into place.

But the birds do match?  :D

They have eyebrows and cartoon google eyes...

I'm talking about the birds match the color of the stem. Obviously they're different from the canaries Elmas uses. Either way, I actually prefer these because they have more details than the Elmas ones.

>Nice man, I really like the stem, too bad about the spinning birds lol. Also, yea, the tray and windcover will be better as the stem oxidizes a bit, it looks quite fresh (though you should upgrade to the Elmas tray because it's sexier). I do, however, think that vase may not be the best match. Maybe it needs to grow on me but the chamber looks a bit weird sitting on the vase and I think if the stem was taller it would look more proportional. However, it clearly only matters what you think of it. The stem itself is very nice and no doubt it shares molds with the 639. Congrats, Chris!

Are you trying to upset Hassouni by telling me not to use the vase he brought back from Lebanon for me? :lol:

In all seriousness, I love the vase and how the setup looks altogether. I'll leave it be for now.

And yes, SPINNERS!!!!! :P I may take some JB Weld to it someday, but I'm not too worried about it right now. It tightens fairly well into place.

I just think that vase needs a taller sleeker pipe